25 replies to this topic

#21 DOC

DOC

Doc

• Members
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting, Scuba Diving

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

That's a great idea. It's not that expensive. I have one and used it when I was in Sudan and I will use it when I go detecting.

It has a standard message, and a custom message, a Emergency send out the reinforcements button that will notify search and rescue, or you can use the HELP button that just sends a message to your family. You can pre-program the text to say something like. I'm OK but I need help come to my location.

Doc

Thanks Chris, I could use that for sure.

BCOT !

DOC
DOC's Detecting Supply
3740 S. Royal Crest St.
Las Vegas, NV 89119
1-800-477-3211 ext. 14

#22 Diamond Queen

Diamond Queen
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Gold prospecting, Hunting, horseback riding, camping,hiking, spending time with family and friends, going to the beach, theme parks, zoos, going to school, reading, watching TV, playing video games and so on I am sure you get the hint LOL!!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

See maybe you should start listening to me.... :spank: I might be a woman but not everything I say is nonsense.... ;) LOL Glad to know you came home safe now you know why I worry so much.. :wub: :blush: DON"T DO IT AGAIN!!!! :angry:
" If it ain't real, It ain't me believe that! "

#23 pard

pard
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

Pedialite is the best stuff to drink ,its for hydrating babys that have diarria it has lots of electrolites!

#24 highbanker58

highbanker58
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

I got the Spot Connect. It works with my smart phone.$99 a year and$50 for the texting, you can sent out text messages thru the satellite ,no need for a phone signal. MY wife knows I'll get help in a hurry. I also use a product called Thermo-Tabs, available behind the pharmacy counter. They contain Sodium and Potassium and they work. I put one in my mouth when I'm getting too much heat, if I need it ,it tastes GREAT, if not it has a bad taste and I spit it out.That and plenty of fluids and I'm good all day in the HIGH heat. Dave

#25 Geo

Geo
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

Interesting, long and funny article Doc;

sweat manly sweat, and develop manly smells emanating from my armpits that make cacti within a 100 yard radius die

DOC

:lol:

Chris it is not funny at all.Actually Ive had something similar .Long time ago ,one day I decided to go to the nearest city by foot.It was like seven

kilometers from where I live .Being younger than I now, after taking breakfast . I headed towards my destination , about 11 am.

Encouraged by a mild moisturized weather.Carrying no supplies or drinks.I got faster at first, then when I got tired slowed down

a bit .There's water nearby by - in canals- but it's contaminated .So by the end of the journey I almost couldn't feel my feets.

Luckily,when I arrived at last found a house with water tank outside.I rushed to drink all I could and soaking my head and feet.

That day I nearly totally dehydrated.Kept on taking water till I could not more.I took some money with, that's helped a lot in

buying natural juice drinks and some choko.At the end of day I returned home by bus. That experience will never forget.I made

a mistake by not telling my family or anyone where am going.Not even at that time there's is cell phone operator in the area.

Chris I am glad you're fine now.We humans make mistakes, yet we learn a lot from them.

Peace to you and your family.

#26 Miner49

Miner49
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:GPX4500 - Eureka - Goldbug Pro - Goldbug

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

My link

This is the unit I use, newer model, they also have a new unit that works with
a smartphone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users