If you could only use 1 CoilWhat would it Be?
Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:35 PM
I have a CoilTek 18x12.5 too but everything sounds the same to me..... big, little, shallow, deep targets all seem to give off the same kind of sweet tone. It can get noisey too with EMI.
The CoilTek Joey is a great coil but of course lacks on the depth.
The Minelab Commander 15x12 mono is great but heavy.
So I'm thinking about getting a new Blitz or Nugget Finder 14" and wondering....If you could only choose one coil what would it be?
Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:14 PM
I can usually tell when im on gold or ferrous metal by the sound. Also getting better at telling the size of the nug before I dig it up. So, to my untrained ears (detecting 1 yr) it does make different tones and sounds as to what target your on.
I also use the 6" mono goldstalker for getting in small areas and for final clean up on an area after Ive scraped off the overburden.
Ive used the big eliptical mono that came with the 5000 but have to figure out how to put wheels on it....heavy!...and im weak!!
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:03 PM
I don't carry a test nugget with me, I find one when I get there!
Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:18 PM
Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:59 PM
but when i need extra coverage i switch up to
my tried and trusty Coiltek 17x10 Mini UFO Spider coil, again very sweet on the 5k and great sens to the flyshit also.
Cheers & Beers
Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:17 PM
There are lots of very good coils out there
(most of them are mentioned above),
I am a big fan of the Advantage coils
but the 11 inch stock Minelab coil is the biggest sleeper coil of all of them,
mostly overlooked by everyone in their rush to grab the latest aftermarket
flavor of the month (I include myself in that rush btw),
but that stock coil is a killer.
Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:54 PM
Some good responses so far to your question about only using one coil. Over the last 3-4 years I have sworn by the Coiltek 14-inch Elliptical Mono. I'm now swinging the "Blitz" version, which I like even better than the original Goldstalker Mono. This coil is lightweight, gets great sensitivity to small gold, easy to pinpoint with and still gets good depth.
I personally believe when I'm out prospecting with this coil I'm getting 95% of the gold I swing over. The other 5% will be gold too small or just too deep.
Just my thoughts,
Online Gold Prospecting Outfitter
website - www.nuggethunting.com
online store - www.robsdetectors.com
Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:16 PM
Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:25 PM
Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:38 PM
Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:03 PM
Uncle Ron's Custom Arizona Gold Finding Maps for 2015 New LSD Maps Just Revised---If you want to cut days, months or even years off of finding that next gold nugget, look only for the nuggets with your name on them
Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:19 AM
Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:05 PM
Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:00 PM
Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:31 PM
Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:49 PM
Bzzzzzzzzzz crackle POP!
Cheers & Beers
Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:48 AM
Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:40 AM
That my two bits worth....................Idaho Al
Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:58 PM
Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:38 PM
Chris' Prospecting Page
Nevada Gems Home Page
Recommended Prospecting and Geology Books
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users