7 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Allison

Rob Allison

Forum Owner & Admin

• Admin
  • 8,832 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hello All,

This weekend, Chris & his Family drove all the way down from Barstow, California to pick up their new Minelab GPX-5000 & Minelab X-Terra 705 and to learn how to use them. It was great to finally put a face on Chris and several of his family members that also post on the forums. We all spent about an hour putting together the GPX-5000 and then spent some time going over the settings, timings and some basic tips/tricks to get started. Within a few hours, Chris scored several nuggets, both around 1/2 Dwt each. I can tell Chris was impressed with the performance of the Minelab GPX-5000, especially on small gold.

Chris it was great meeting you and your family. Thanks a million for your business and making it down for field instructions. Looking forward to hearing about your success with the new detector in the Southern California desert regions. If you have any questions whatsoever, don't hesitate to call, email or post on the forums.

Here are some pictures of Chris, his family and their finds in Arizona with Rob's Detector Sales.

Attached File  mlcustomer035_01 (800x600).jpg   398.21KB   202 downloads Attached File  mlcustomer035_02 (800x600).jpg   371.57KB   235 downloads Attached File  mlcustomer035_03 (800x600).jpg   245.6KB   186 downloads Attached File  mlcustomer035_04 (800x600).jpg   359.9KB   121 downloads

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison
Rob's Detector Sales
Online Gold Prospecting Outfitter
website - www.nuggethunting.com
online store - www.robsdetectors.com
623.362.1459 (office)
602.909.9008 (cell)

#2 oldies1955

oldies1955
  • Members
  • 1,040 posts
  • Interests:Old cars
    Metal working
    Making stuff
    Breaking stuff
    Trying to figure out how to fix
    the stuff I broke....Trying to figure out how I broke the stuff im trying to figure out how to fix!
    ML5000
    151 Drywasher
    Home built trommel
    Digging in the dirt for rocks, nails,bullets and rusty metal

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Chris:
Congrats on the nugs and the 5000. :)
Your going to love it. Mine has been really good to me.
Good luck to you and look foward to some good stories!
Tom H.
We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.
Theodore Roosevelt

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln

#3 Border Boy

Border Boy
  • Members
  • 707 posts
  • Interests:gpx 5000, dredging, drywashing, looking for virgin placers, tattooing, and helping others

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Nice GOLD, great machine, Good luck!
Gold, my drug of choice!

#4 Crazy Pete

Crazy Pete
  • Members
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Gold - and getting out bush with good mates

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

Nice gold, great family photo and a real ball tearing truck also, congrats Chris ;)
I'm sure we will see plenty of gold comin now.

Thanks for sharing Rob & Chris :)

Pete B)

Cheers & Beers

#5 Chris Coffee

Chris Coffee
  • Members
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Metal Detecting, Sluicing, Reading, Exploring, and much more.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

Thank you everyone. We certainly had a great time with, Rob. It was really exciting to find the two nuggets that we uncovered. My daughter Angel was doing the scooping and boy did her face light up when she saw that yellow shining through the dirt. Thank.you so much, Rob, for the time of our life and a great new machine.
GPAA Member
Valley Prospectors San Bernardino Member
High Desert Gold Diggers Member
Prospecting Club of Southern California Member
Quartzsite Metal Detecting Club Member

#6 LuckyLundy

LuckyLundy
  • Members
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:US Air Force (Ret)

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

Chris,

So glad Rob, put you on some color to break in your new machine. You have a start on a fat poke of gold, Congrat's!

LuckyLundy
LuckyLundy

#7 ~LARGO~

~LARGO~
  • Members
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Metal detecting of all kinds, meeting new friends

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi Chris,

Congrats on your new 5000, and cool nuggets! Looks like you got some good training!
Pretty neat when your family shares your passion.

~LARGO~

#8 Chris Coffee

Chris Coffee
  • Members
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Metal Detecting, Sluicing, Reading, Exploring, and much more.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:55 AM

Lucky,

Yes, Rob did a fantastic job of not only training me on the 5000 but getting me over gold as well. We had such a good time, and I really am looking forward to more fun and gold. Thanks.

Largo,

They are pretty cool, huh? I can't stop looking at them. LOL. And I love my family to death. They always support me no matter what. Thanks.
GPAA Member
Valley Prospectors San Bernardino Member
High Desert Gold Diggers Member
Prospecting Club of Southern California Member
Quartzsite Metal Detecting Club Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users