The Honker Patch...

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_goldstudmuffin_*

Guest_goldstudmuffin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for the atta boys!

Wow, Those are nice finds. Thanks for the continuing story. (Hopefully this is'nt the end). I, believe most just dream of finding nuggets like these.
and sadly I fall in that category for the moment. But Im sure it will change when I get out of Tx.

Bill

Hey Bill,
Thanks! There's more to the story, I've been busy and I'll finish the story in a day or two.

Hey Goldstudmuffins,

Wow ..... What an awesome patch you discovered. I remember the stories about the 18 ounce patch, but believe that patched turned many more ounces prior to that amount. Now we have this patch, looks like a good pound of gold so far and you're not done working it. The gold has an interesting character to it, like most of the desert gold out in Arizona.

Have you tried any other detectors beyond your GP series with mods on the patch? I know you have tried numerous coils, but what about the one we talked about during our phone converstation? Would be interested to hear about that coil and if it had any luck on your new patch.

I'm not speechless, very impressed and glad you guys discovered it. Just shows there are many patches to still be discovered for the person that wants to spend the time and effort looking for them.

I'm currently out of town, so that is the reason I have been off the forums for a few days.

Keep us updated on the patch and what else turns up.

Hoping to see another big one soon from you guys!

Rob Allison

Thanks Rob,
The 18 ounce patch at last count was around 23 or 24 ounces! I've used the modded 2100 after the modded 3500 and didn't find any gold with do you think a 5000 will go any deeper? :spank: As far as the big coil we talked about I can use it if I want to but because it's a DD I'm not too sure if it's worth the effort. Now it's time to dig!

#22 Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron
  • Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Gold

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Yep, Russ...Maybe time for a backhoe??? D9G Cat? :) Cheers, Unc

RideTheRed.gifUncle Ron's Custom Arizona Gold Finding Maps for 2014 New LSD Maps Just Revised---If you want to cut days, months or even years off of finding that next gold nugget, look only for the nuggets with your name on them

#23 Guest_goldstudmuffin_*

Guest_goldstudmuffin_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Yep, Russ...Maybe time for a backhoe??? D9G Cat? :) Cheers, Unc

Ron, not sure if we will claim it or not so the backhoe is out for now and it's pickin and grinnin.

#24 Guest_goldstudmuffin_*

Guest_goldstudmuffin_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

The next time I went back to the honker patch I put on the big 24" round Coiltec coil and maxed out all my setting on the modded 3500 including the gain which is also a mod. I never run it this way because the detector is very noisey set up like this but in about 10 minutes I had a good target that had a very soft faint repeatable signal. It never got any louder until I had dug about 6" off the top, then I knew for sure that I had a nugget. When I got down about 20" deep I hit the nice 12 dwt'er and rechecked the hole and it had 3 more nuggets in it, so there were 4 nuggets all in the same hole, I think it was 16 dwt total. :)

Attached Files

#25 Guest_goldstudmuffin_*

Guest_goldstudmuffin_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

A few days went by and I could'nt wait any longer to go back to the patch. So I used the same stragtegy of cranking up the 3500 ang using the 24" round mono and some how hear a very small wabble in the threshold, again it never got any louder until I took about 4" of dirt off the top... I don't remember the depth of these nuggets but all of them were in cemented caliche. The total weight this day was 10 dwt after cleaning off the rock in acid.

Hope yor enjoying the pictures...

Attached Files

• Attached File  3333.JPG   39.76KB   17 downloads
  • Attached File  4444.JPG   30.32KB   21 downloads

#26 Guest_goldstudmuffin_*

Guest_goldstudmuffin_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

I had been feeling kinda bad because Lil Bro had been to busy with work, hunting, and had a broken truck to help me clean the honker patch, so on this day we tag- teamed it and found 3 more nuggets... This is when the digging started! I've had found over 9 Posted Image ounces now in this patch and Lil Bro has shared some very good patches with me so I'm was happy he found a very nice 16.6 dwt nugget, Posted Image I got the 2 smaller ones for 3 dwt. Total weight just under 1 ounce so now it's well over 10 ounces from this patch.

Sorry guys there are more nuggets to come, I'll be able to finish the story up to date in a day or so... enjoy the pictures!

Attached Files

• Attached File  5555.JPG   31.18KB   10 downloads
  • Attached File  66_5.JPG   31.51KB   12 downloads

#27 Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron
  • Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Gold

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Holy Cow, Russ ... This is the ultimate nugget shooter's dream ... Who needs Australia when you have Artillary Peak>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>??? :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: Cheers, Unc

RideTheRed.gifUncle Ron's Custom Arizona Gold Finding Maps for 2014 New LSD Maps Just Revised---If you want to cut days, months or even years off of finding that next gold nugget, look only for the nuggets with your name on them

#28 Guest_goldstudmuffin_*

Guest_goldstudmuffin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

Holy Cow, Russ ... This is the ultimate nugget shooter's dream ... Who needs Australia when you have Artillary Peak>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>??? :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: Cheers, Unc

Hey Uncle Ron, :) :) :)
I don't know there could be gold over at Artillary Peak... I've never been there. I just thought it was a good file name for gold pictures that were found somewhere else! ;) That's just part of being a good prospector... you have to cover your tracks :excl:

#29 Guest_goldstudmuffin_*

Guest_goldstudmuffin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Well we cleaned out a section of the patch down to bedrock and found mutiple targets... all gold embedded in bedrock. We tag-teamed it again and found 8 nuggets total, I got the nice chunky 8 dwt'er and Lil Bro got the 7 smaller nuggets for 4.2 dwt. In all we found 12.2 dwt for the day!

Hope you enjoy the pictures...

Attached Files

• Attached File  71.JPG   121.52KB   12 downloads
  • Attached File  72.JPG   162.6KB   14 downloads

#30 Guest_goldstudmuffin_*

Guest_goldstudmuffin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hi Rob and All,
This puts you up to date... it's picture the last nugget found in the honker patch it weighs 5.2 dwt, I got tired of digging and stretched out the patch a bit more with this nugget. I have a clean picture of it somewhere, I'll post it if I can find it.
I hope you've enjoyed...

Attached Files

• Attached File  8080.JPG   30.3KB   16 downloads
  • Attached File  8181.JPG   31.48KB   15 downloads

#31 Rob Allison

Rob Allison

Forum Owner & Admin

• Admin
  • 9,072 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hey Russ,

Great to hear more about the Honker Patch and how you're able to stretch it out more. It was great seeing you and your wife last week. You're always welcome over and I value your friendship and the times we got to swing the coils together in the Arizona outback.

Looking forward to hearing more about the patch and what else might be turned up out there. Let me know how the new coil works out also.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison
Rob's Detector Sales
Online Gold Prospecting Outfitter
website - www.nuggethunting.com
online store - www.robsdetectors.com
623.362.1459 (office)
602.909.9008 (cell)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users