Jump to content


Photo

afternoon nuggie


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Retorted

Retorted
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Weimar

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

A bit of good fortune from an afternoon hunt.

Attached Files



#2 Border Boy

Border Boy
  • Members
  • 714 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:somewhere in the desserts of sotheast az
  • Interests:gpx 5000, dredging, drywashing, looking for virgin placers, tattooing, and helping others

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

That a real nice looking piece, congrats........Justin
Gold, my drug of choice!

#3 Retorted

Retorted
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Weimar

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks BB. Sure is nice of mother earth to pay you back for removin all the trash.

#4 matt

matt
  • Members
  • 510 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Motherload
  • Interests:GOLD!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

That's a very nice specimen. Any more details about your find? Coil? Depth? Detector?
matt
I don't carry a test nugget with me, I find one when I get there!

#5 Retorted

Retorted
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Weimar

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hey Matt,
I'm running the 4800 with a 14" elliptical, mono nugget finder.
The piece was about 6-8 inches down in the top layer of the cemented clay.

#6 matt

matt
  • Members
  • 510 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Motherload
  • Interests:GOLD!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

That is my go to size coil and use mine at least 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time I use a 20" round mono coil after cleaning all the targets with the 14". Congrats on the nugget.
matt
I don't carry a test nugget with me, I find one when I get there!

#7 Retorted

Retorted
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Weimar

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

I started using the 4800 about a month ago. It came with the 14" nugget finder. So far it's been really good. I tried the stock dd one time, didn't much care for the way it ran compared to the mono. Perhaps after a few more finds I'll look for a larger mono.
thanks for the replies

#8 Crazy Pete

Crazy Pete
  • Members
  • 395 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia
  • Interests:Gold - and getting out bush with good mates

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Congrats on a nice speci there buddy, hope its got a few mates near it.

Pete

Cheers & Beers


#9 frank c

frank c
  • Members
  • 889 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Golden Valley Arizona

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

Pretty nugget good detecting.
HAPY HUNTN FOLKS

Ol Yeller Drywashers
Custom Hand Operated
Drywashers
http://olyeller.wordpress.com/

#10 El Dorado

El Dorado
  • Members
  • 612 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:N. Calif
  • Interests:Placer gold mining and goldsmithing

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

WTG... that's my favorite coil too!
Steve Wandt
www.naturalgoldjewelry.com

#11 Docpanimal

Docpanimal
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gold mining
  • Interests:Enjoy all types of gold prospecting with friends and family. Love to fish and fish in tournaments.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

buck nice nuggie the gold loves that clay. good job.


#12 Retorted

Retorted
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Weimar

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Sure does
Thanks doc

#13 Docpanimal

Docpanimal
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gold mining
  • Interests:Enjoy all types of gold prospecting with friends and family. Love to fish and fish in tournaments.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Hope you get more this weekend. gold fever!!!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users