24 replies to this topic

#21 DOC

DOC

Doc

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting, Scuba Diving

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Yes sir I still have them. In fact I have 10 pairs of 9.5 size put back for myself in case they ever discontinue them. I never want to be without that boot.

Doc

Hey Doc

Mate i would swap my left danglePod for one of them 22" round's ^_^ :)
Like you said, massive field and very light to swing..

BTW: do you still carry the "Bates" Boots, had 5 years outta mine and its time for a re fit, gotta say them boots
are the lightest most comfy boots i ever wore.

Pete B)

BCOT !

DOC
DOC's Detecting Supply
3740 S. Royal Crest St.
Las Vegas, NV 89119
1-800-477-3211 ext. 14

#22 minerjoe01

minerjoe01
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

Nice job doc! one heck of a positive signal for suck a small nugget at depth. That was very impressive. I was thinking wow i must look like a dang dog the way i dig. You are so careful! was that decomposed bedrock that it was sitting on? looked like it....

#23 DOC

DOC

Doc

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting, Scuba Diving

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

No it was just a buried decomposing quartz reef. I dig crazy too when I'm not filming. But when I am trying to do instructional stuff I think it is important to go slow so both I and the viewer learns from the experience. I also like to have an accurate idea of just how deep the nugget really was.

Back in the days of the SD2100 and SD2200 if you had a nugget that sounded that loud it would have been a 1/2 ouncer. Now with these new fan dangled machines, 2 grammers sound like 1/2 ouncers.

Doc

Nice job doc! one heck of a positive signal for suck a small nugget at depth. That was very impressive. I was thinking wow i must look like a dang dog the way i dig. You are so careful! was that decomposed bedrock that it was sitting on? looked like it....

BCOT !

DOC
DOC's Detecting Supply
3740 S. Royal Crest St.
Las Vegas, NV 89119
1-800-477-3211 ext. 14

#24 ~LARGO~

~LARGO~
  • Members
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Metal detecting of all kinds, meeting new friends

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hi Doc,

Those are great videos, done from the first faint signal, to showing what can happen when you perform your search correctly.

I think all of us wonder how many of those faint signals we have swung our coils over, and passed them off as ground noise of some sort, salts from the critters, have actually been gold.

It may be that up there in the great computer "cloud" up there somewhere, there is a tally sheet for each of us, and when we cross over to the other side, we can see what could have been, in many ways.

I still am glad in an odd kind of way that I dug up that very faint signal, which, after digging what I would guess would be no less than 3 feet, to find a very nice galvanized pipe fitting. The downside to that is that I had to put all that dirt back in the hole, then try to move on. Had I not dug at that signal, I still would have been wondering just what I walked away from...

I noted the pick you used in the video, appears to be a "wingless walco", a mod that I had to do to my "serial killer walco" to cut down on the weight.

~LARGO~

#25 Crazy Pete

Crazy Pete
  • Members
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Gold - and getting out bush with good mates

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Back in the days of the SD2100 and SD2200 if you had a nugget that sounded that loud it would have been a 1/2 ouncer. Now with these new fan dangled machines, 2 grammers sound like 1/2 ouncers.

Doc

Yeah i remember my 1st target i got with my old 4k, i thought here we go i'm past 8" and its booming in, boy was i pissed
when out came a 22cal lead at just over a foot deep, but then it hit me! - WOW if this thing can pull that at that depth i'll have no
problems hittin the gold zone with it.

Pete

Cheers & Beers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users