'The West Australian Adventure'

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Porter

Jonathan Porter
  • Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

G'day from the 'Land Downunder', thought I might post up a link to a project I've been working on since returning home after my adventures in West Australia with Chris Ralph and Steve Herschbach.

This is my way of saying thank you to a couple of 'Swell Guys' (Fair Dinkum Blokes in Aussie lingo (talk) ). I've not had much of an opportunity to talk with Chris and Steve since returning home but would like to publicly say it was an absolute honor to have a couple of American icons in my camp sharing an evening meal with me.

As most seasoned electronic prospectors know, the art of being successful with a metal detector is in your mental attitude, even after a full month of laying on the hard Aussie ground dealing with a million flies, missing their families and friends and putting up with my cooking, they not once lost their enthusiasm for the Adventure.

Posted Image

Chris and Steve you are both welcome back in my bush camp any time..... I hope my latest endeavors at editing the video footage I obtained on our trip does the experience we shared together justice.

Please click here to be taken to Minelabs 'Treasure Talk'

Please check back with the Minelab web site often as there will be more segments coming soon on "The West Australian Adventure"

JP
aurum australis

The Outback Prospector... Leading the way through Innovation and Education

#2 Border Boy

Border Boy
  • Members
  • 714 posts
  • Interests:gpx 5000, dredging, drywashing, looking for virgin placers, tattooing, and helping others

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Holy cow, that was a beautiful area :o great going guys. AWSOME jp
Gold, my drug of choice!

#3 i'm a Congress...man

i'm a Congress...man
  • Members
  • 726 posts
  • Interests:The peace and cameraderie that comes when detecting and digging for gold. The beauty of the land God made for us to play in.
    Travel nursing, adventure, making new friends.

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Yaaaahooo... maybe i can do a mission trip to W.A.!!!!

Looked great!
paul

#4 Reno Chris

Reno Chris
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

It truly was an amazing adventure, something I had looked forward to for many months. JP was a great host, a very knowledgeable guide to the goldfields, a fine camp mate and an unexpectedly talented cook. Australia was a beautiful, fascinating place. I'm looking forward to the time when I can get back and try again.

#5 fredm

fredm
  • Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

well the link worked here and that is a very exciting video...well done, Jonathan, well done!

fred
fredmason

#6 Idaho Al

Idaho Al
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

A month with the " GURU " of gold detecting-WOW Idaho Al

#7 Jonathan Porter

Jonathan Porter
  • Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

G'day again, just a short note to let forum readers know the second installment of 'The West Australian Adventure' is now up on the Minelab web site.

JP

Link to 'The West Australian Adventure '
aurum australis

#8 Capt. D.

Capt. D.
  • Members
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:MineLab 4500, Ml Eureka Gold , Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher Gold Bug Pro. Drywashing, Camping.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

Thanks JP. As with the other post of the "Australian Adventure" this one was great.

Thanks for sharing.
Bill
Bill

#9 Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Detector Prospector

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting, Metal Detecting, Writing

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

Getting better with each installment. Hopefully this will turn into a full blown production because frankly I think a ton of people would like to see it. Your videos are fantastic but by their nature self-limiting - if you do not have a GPX 5000 you are not likely to buy a DVD specific to it. Everyone loves a straight forward prospecting adventure as the information applies no matter what detector you own.
Thanks JP for the birthday gift. I get a year older on Dec 25th. Off to Hawaii tonight to enjoy the b-day on the beach with my wife and daughter. Merry Christmas!

#10 fredm

fredm
  • Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

Nice work, Jonathan...I do miss Western Oz...
Happy birthday Steve...great advice"just put your coil over everything"...

Merry Christmas to all...

fred
fredmason

#11 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

JP thanks for the link to the website, never know of it before, a lot of good reads.

Steve, happy birthday, have a great time in the islands. I've never met you but have a friend in Chris Ralph, maybe when your down in the Reno area again maybe I can get together with you two for a hunt.

Take care, Wes

#12 Reno Chris

Reno Chris
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

JP, what a great video, you certainly do a great job of fitting things all together. Watching it brings back a lot of good memories.

#13 Jonathan Porter

Jonathan Porter
  • Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hello everyone, the third installment of our West Australian prospecting trip with Chris Ralph and Steve Herschbach has just been put up on the Minelab web site for those of you interested. B)

The West Australian Adventure Part 3

JP
aurum australis

#14 fredm

fredm
  • Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

Jonathan;
Dang I have to go back!!!! Some good lessons in that segment and well done! I see Steve was perfecting the Ozzie Salute...did you teach them to detect into the wind? That suggestion gave me some relief from your national mascot...the bush fly!
best wishes
fred
fredmason

#15 FlakMagnet

FlakMagnet
  • Members
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Another interesting addition to the series.
Thank you for taking the time to put it up and allowing us to share some of your fun.
Always educational as well.

#16 Reno Chris

Reno Chris
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

What great job of filming and editing. Those videos sure bring back a lot of great memories. Thanks JP for preserving it.

#17 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

JP
The videos are great, I just watched the third installment. Looks like all had a great time, I am very envious. One of these days I might make a trip there.
Take care, Wes.

#18 Jonathan Porter

Jonathan Porter
  • Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Fourth installment of 'The West Australian Adventure' is now up on the Minelab website. Watch Chris Ralph, Steve Herschbach and I discussing on camera an area Chris found the day before where some one had previously found gold and our subsequent good luck on the patch thanks to our Minelab GPX 5000's. B)

Enjoy B) :rolleyes:

'The West Australian Adventure' Part 4

JP
aurum australis

#19 FlakMagnet

FlakMagnet
  • Members
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

JP,
That is a great example of, as you suggest, using multiple timings on good ground.
The video was great to watch and fun to listen to.

Thank you

#20 Reno Chris

Reno Chris
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

The video does do a great job of showing how powerful the 5000 really is.

Thanks JP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users