Success with new Coiltek Blitz 14x9 Mono

• Admin

Hello All,

I can't say enough about the new Coiltek Blitz 14x9 Mono Searchcoil. I have been using this coil since I orginally received the coil for field testing. Since then I couldn't count how many I have sold, but more importantly my success with this coil. Over the last year my partners and I have found many pounds of gold with the new Blitz coil alone on the GPX5000's. Without a doubt my favorite overall prospecting searchcoil, very stable, sensitive to very small gold under a grain in size and gets great depth.

This new coil will work on all Minelab PI's well, but when using it on the Minelab GPX5000 with the "fine gold" timing it's a real killer!

Here is a shot of some of the nuggets found last weekend with the GPX5000 and new Coiltek Blitz Mono 14x9 elliptical searchcoil.

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

I understand your enthusiasm about the Blitz coil, there are lots of good things being said about it here and in Australia

and this is not an attempt to put the coil down,

but

with the size of most of those nuggets I think a Radio Shack detector could have gotten a signal from them

and

if you found those in one weekend that is some really good ground you're detecting on...

hope you see my point.

All the best,

Flak

While in Australia I spent some good time using this coil and got some very small sub grain nuggets with it. I also used "fine Gold" and picked up these tiny nuggets out of patches that had been pounded by others. Not every tiny nugget in this photos was taken with the 14 x 9, but many of them were. The coin is a little smaller than a nickel. (Just as a reference this is a month's worth of gold).

post-9-0-92929100-1317963921_thumb.jpg

I would not say any detector could have found those nuggets, depends on ground conditions, depth of nuggets being found. Yes it does look like a very productive area, it would be nice to know more as far as the depth these were found and any special settings.

I also gave the Blitz 14 x 9 mono a spin while in Australia. Great little coil, sensitive, light, and no falsing when banged around.

A note on coil sizes. While on our trip to Australia Chris, Jonathan, and I used only three coil sizes 90% of the time. JP considered a 17 x 10 mono to be about the perfect coil for overall use but he often switched to an 18" round mono. I think Chris used a 14 x 9 mono most of the time but often went to the 17 x 10 mono. I ran an 18 round mono the majority of the time, with a rare foray to the 14 x 9 mono. We tried other coils but those three coils, 18 round mono, 17 x 10 mono, and 14 x 9 mono were what got most of the gold. And the GPX 5000 "Fine Gold" timing was the go-to setting.

The smaller the coil the more hot rocks were an issue, even in fine gold. The 14 x 9 did very well on small gold while still not "lighting up" too many hot rocks.

Hi Flak,

Thanks! Yeah, just commenting on what we found worked well for us in Oz. I have a Joey myself so I do agree that where the hot rocks are not as bad as those nasty Australian iron stones they are far more useful. I tried the new 8 x 6 mono there but it was so hot I may as well have been running a VLF as it banged on hot rocks every few inches, even in sensitive smooth.

Hi Steve,

I have heard that about that little coil, that it is super-hot.

It sounds like the soil conditions in WA take some mastering for sure.

the ironstone alone seems like a learning curve for anyone.

Glad you have a good experience,

it looks like a very interesting - and challenging - part of the world,

certainly a huge change from Alaska yes?

All the best,

• Admin

Hey Flak,

I do see your point. That being said, many of the nuggets were found at depth, some as deep as 12-16 inches. Some were also pretty close to the surface, say a few inches and very good signals. The ground is virgin and pretty rich, but it's hit and miss like any spot where you're finding nuggets. The ground is extremely mineralized, a GB2 will not work. A good friend is a GB2 expert and the ground drove him nuts, to the point he said he had enough of the ground balancing! I have tried a handful of VLF's here, most won't work unless you want to hear DWT nuggets at the surface.

The ground is very mineralized, laced with ironstones and deep volcanics that sound like deep nuggets. Like Steve H. stated, using a small coil here the bedrock is hot along with more ground noise detecting.

I solely use this coil as a all-around prospecting coil. I don't honestly need a Joey or anything much bigger than this 14x9. This coil seems to find most of the gold I'm interested in finding.

Just my thoughts,

Rob Allison

Would I be that GB2 expert? seriously though Rob I know the area your refering to and I chased nuggets up to the edge of it with a GB2 and the hot volcanic rocks stopped me. the gold seems to be bleeding out from under it. interesting place and loaded with gold. I may have to get a Blitz for my 2100 and try it again. AzNuggetBob

Hello All,

I can't say enough about the new Coiltek Blitz 14x9 Mono Searchcoil. I have been using this coil since I orginally received the coil for field testing. Since then I couldn't count how many I have sold, but more importantly my success with this coil. Over the last year my partners and I have found many pounds of gold with the new Blitz coil alone on the GPX5000's. Without a doubt my favorite overall prospecting searchcoil, very stable, sensitive to very small gold under a grain in size and gets great depth.

This new coil will work on all Minelab PI's well, but when using it on the Minelab GPX5000 with the "fine gold" timing it's a real killer!

Here is a shot of some of the nuggets found last weekend with the GPX5000 and new Coiltek Blitz Mono 14x9 elliptical searchcoil.

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

Yes it works on all of Minelab's Pulse induction machines from the SD2000 and up.

Doc

G'day DOC, Chris Ralph got hold of that coil and I never saw it again the whole trip except when Steve commandeered it for a few sessions. :spank: In fact the 14" Blitz Mono is so good I would even expect 'other' newer dealers will start stocking them now that the word is out. :lol: I'll be back in Clermont next week, guess what coil will be going back on once I get back into the grass infested country of central QLD? It would have been nice to have an 18" elliptical Blitz variant on us during our trip as that really is the sweet spot for the 5000 and Fine Gold in the vastness of WA.

Trevor has hinted at doing up some other styles of the Blitz coils soon so it should be an interesting summer over this way. :blush:

JP

Steve H with one very nice little nugget found with the Blitz

Blitz-1.jpgBlitz_Gold2.jpg

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Yes, it will work on all Minelab PI metal detectors from the SD2000 up to the GPX5000. I have sold many of these to users using the detectors mentioned and everything inbetween. They do seem even more hotter on the GPX5000 using the "fine gold" timing, but they still work just as great if not better than other coils on other detectors besides the GPX5000. I'm hoping to see more Blitz coils in different sizes soon.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Archived