Whew HOOO SD 22

Your right guys, I got out to a little spot finally since the rain stopped and the sd worked fine. I was impressed at the small size and depth I was able to obtain. No gold today but got a small copper boot tack at 4 or so inches and my Gold bug would not see it in the badly mineralized ground. Now to hit some good spots with this baby. Ive been to Rye Patch 4 times with my VLF detectors and only one small nug to show for it. Now I have a competent machine.

Cant wait to get somewhere good, Lots of spots here but too overgrown....

Good luck All!!!!!!

Alright Nuggethead...I am glad there was nothing wrong with the machine! Thats great news! The SD2200 is a capable detector. In the city it will pick up all kinds of signals and you will think there is something wrong with the detector. It can pick up lightning discharge's many miles away that sound like a spike signal! That has happen a few times with me! It is nothing like a VLF machine! It is a brute ground puncher! I like to put the level adjust in the 1:00 O'clock position, fixed, both channels, all metal mode and I would recommend a Doc's Gold screamer amplifier. The SD2200 has a rather weak audio and the Doc's amp (4 pin for the SD series) will be an amazing change! I "HIGHLY" recommend it! I would not do any modifications inside the detector...period! If you want to re-sell it one day it will be harder to sell if it has been modded! Congrates and welcome to the high end of detecting! Guido...

Azoverland is correct about the quick track button. I do have that on my SD2200. I would recommend that. When I was writing about modding I am referring to sending the detector to someone to change out electrical components.

Thanks Guys,

Your right about the fast track button and I am going to use a motor cycle kill switch.

post-37339-0-51287500-1305923166_thumb.j

They have a clamp for the handle bar which will work for the s rod and all I have to do is connect it to a mono jack and install a female one on the SD. Ive seen the vids and it looks like cake. The benefit to the moto switch is the mount and its water proof.

Thanks again for all the help. Im heading for San fran for a couple more weeks of work and then Ill be able to quest for those nugs.

Cant wait I really like this machine and can only imagine how killer the new ones are!!

Take it easy. :D

HMMMMM Whats up with the attachments saying you do not have permission to view this?

Is this a error or do I need clearance? It happens to me on all the attachments as well as my own.

I would really like to see that 1.5 oz nug Rob got too!

HELP

HH

Alright Nuggethead...I am glad there was nothing wrong with the machine! Thats great news! The SD2200 is a capable detector. In the city it will pick up all kinds of signals and you will think there is something wrong with the detector. It can pick up lightning discharge's many miles away that sound like a spike signal! That has happen a few times with me! It is nothing like a VLF machine! It is a brute ground puncher! I like to put the level adjust in the 1:00 O'clock position, fixed, both channels, all metal mode and I would recommend a Doc's Gold screamer amplifier. The SD2200 has a rather weak audio and the Doc's amp (4 pin for the SD series) will be an amazing change! I "HIGHLY" recommend it! I would not do any modifications inside the detector...period! If you want to re-sell it one day it will be harder to sell if it has been modded! Congrates and welcome to the high end of detecting! Guido...

[/quote

Guido,

You're right about it having a weak audio. I use the same head phones (Sun Ray Gold Pro series] on both my GB2 and SD2200. The sound is different as day and night. Good quality audio signal on the GB2, but very weak for the SD2200. I've got the Gold screamer, but when I use the pocket rocket in tandem, the Gold screamer doesn't work. I got it from Rob, and talked with him, and I have the sequence correct, so I'm stumped.

Welcome back from A.

Pat, aka h20

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I just happen to see this thread. The Minelab SD2200d or v2 has much lower audio than other PI's for some reason. Most seem to purchase a signal enhancer such as the new Goldscreamer one. That being said, there shouldn't be any problem using the Coiltek Lightweight Pocket Rocket system with the Goldscreamer Signal Enhancer.

I personally have sold many of these units (enhancer and battery system combo's) to customers over the years with great success stories.

If anyone has questions on how to set them up, please post back here.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Guys,

I just happen to see this thread. The Minelab SD2200d or v2 has much lower audio than other PI's for some reason. Most seem to purchase a signal enhancer such as the new Goldscreamer one. That being said, there shouldn't be any problem using the Coiltek Lightweight Pocket Rocket system with the Goldscreamer Signal Enhancer.

I personally have sold many of these units (enhancer and battery system combo's) to customers over the years with great success stories.

If anyone has questions on how to set them up, please post back here.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

HI Rob, Please Pm me with some info on a Enhancer, I already have the pocket rocket system but would like the amp If usable with my current system?

Thanks Much!

Jim

• 1 month later...

HI Rob, Please Pm me with some info on a Enhancer, I already have the pocket rocket system but would like the amp If usable with my current system?

Thanks Much!

Jim

I am interested in the Enhancer also and I too have the pocket rocket already. Thanks

Neil

Archived