4 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Allison

Rob Allison

Forum Owner & Admin

• Admin
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:23 PM

Hello All,

Many are still looking for Jim Straight's 7th Edition of "Follow the Drywasher." I deal directly with Jim and one of the publishers on this book, so I always have it in stock.

This book is over 300 pages. This book has over 50 years worth of valuable information Jim has gathered from being a successful Geologist, Prospector, Nugget Hunter & Famous Author!

In my opinion this is one of the best books written by someone in the know, Jim Straight.

Posted Image

Your Price $29.95 + $8 US Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

You can order the book by -

Order Online at the Online Store - http://www.robsdetectors.com
Order by Phone - 623-362-1459
Order by Email - rob@robsdetectors.com or auplacers@yahoo.com

If you would like to order through Paypal, please visit this link -
http://www.nuggethun...im_Straight.htm

Take care,

Rob Allison
Rob's Detector Sales
Online Gold Prospecting Outfitter
website - www.nuggethunting.com
online store - www.robsdetectors.com
623.362.1459 (office)
602.909.9008 (cell)

#2 dutch john

dutch john
  • Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

Hey Rob... I understand the Nuggetshooter's Bible is, as I write this, on back order.

Although it was last edited and updated in 2004 it seems to be still of revelence to the serious prspectors. Take Care... jim straight

#3 dutch john

dutch john
  • Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hey Rob... there is now greater interest in epithemal precious metal deposits that are associated
with Tertiary extrusive volcanism. I briefly mention them in Appendix D (January 1996).

As I write this, there is getting to be more interest in metal detecting "old worked out and
abandoned silver and gold epithermal deposits" within the central North American Cordillea.

Over 10 years ago, I wrote an article that is now being accessed on google:
"Epithermal deposits assocated with Teriary volcanism --and the feasibility of metal detecting for them...
ICMJ December 2001.

For those who have bought a copy of Vol 3 from Rob... check out the illustration on pg. 186.

To summarze, today those using a modern metal detector while out working around the mine-dump
or hillside slope of a long forgotten epithermal type deposit known to carry gold and silver values
may detect chunks of speci or even electrum (Silver-gold) nugget.

As an example; Back in 1909, Ellen Nay while walking along Saulsbury wash (off of what is now know
as Interstate Hwy 6 beteen Tonopah and Ely) eyeballed a boulder laced with gold. The boulder
weighed 75 pounds and led to finding the camp of Ellendale.

#4 dutch john

dutch john
  • Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

Howdy All.... First I thank all of you who have bought a copy of Vol 3 from Rob. I'm writing this
to let you know that Rob has recently ordered a few more copies from Plateau Supply in
St. Louis Mo. Rob now has them in his store. jim straight

#5 Rob Allison

Rob Allison

Forum Owner & Admin

• Admin
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hey Jim,

That is correct. I always have them in stock, but was getting low so ordered more to make sure I didn't get into a backorder status on them. Joe has always been good keeping me stocked up on your Follow the Drywasher, 7th edition.

Hope everything is well on your end Jim!

Rob Allison
Rob's Detector Sales
Online Gold Prospecting Outfitter
website - www.nuggethunting.com
online store - www.robsdetectors.com
623.362.1459 (office)
602.909.9008 (cell)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users