"One Each"

I was out Wolf-Creek-way today and come-up with these (2) goodies. The one is a .2 gram nugget that was wedged (tightly) in a small crack on exposed bedrock. I litterally had to chisel the little-bugger-out to get to it. The other, ("I-thought") was just a 22 slug,......but when I got it home, cleaned it up and looked closer at it found that it is actually a natural-Copper-nugget and weighs 2.5 grams. Hope these photos turn-out. I was using my little Coiltek "Joey",.........I Love-that-little-dude.

Gary

post-803-1144983442_thumb.jpg

post-803-1144983470_thumb.jpg

post-803-1144983492_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hello Gary,

Congrats on the new finds. I seen where Bob "Montana" Dansie mentioned on another forum where you find copper you can find gold. This is dead on when you're hunting within the Bradshaw Mountain Range. You might not find them in the same wash, but when you start finding copper nuggets you need to examine the area closely. Most of the time you will get into some gold nuggets also.

Looks like you're on a roll finding nuggets.

Any success out at Rich Hill?

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Gary,

Congrats on the new finds.  I seen where Bob "Montana" Dansie mentioned on another forum where you find copper you can find gold.  This is dead on when you're hunting within the Bradshaw Mountain Range.  You might not find them in the same wash, but when you start finding copper nuggets you need to examine the area closely.  Most of the time you will get into some gold nuggets also. 

Looks like you're on a roll finding nuggets. 

Any success out at Rich Hill?

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Rob;

I was down at Rich Hill last Saturday over where I found the little .2 gram nugget a while back (my first there). I read John B's post about getting out of the washes and gulleys and onto the ridges and hillsides to find the larger stuff, so I spent the entire day "boulder-hopping" on the sides of Rich Hill. Worked my Ass-of,...I searched every nook, craney, and crevise with my little "Joey" and the only thing that I had to show for it was (6) boot-tack-nails, and those I found way-up about 3/4-of the way up the mountain. By the time I carefully-negotiated my way back down to my pickup, it was so Hot that I swore that I wouldn't be back until the next December when it cools off, or after there is a great flood to expose something. I also heard from a couple of guys up there that "whats-her-name" who has the 24 K Gold club there is planning to sell her claims,....have your heard anything????

Talk to ya later,.......Gary

• Admin

Hello Gary,

Crawling around Rich Hill can be frusterating and rewarding at times. I have done very well there over the years, but also spent days climbing all around the mountain with just trash to show for. The lure about Rich Hill is the fact you could find a multi-ounce piece at any time. The probability of a bigger piece there is much great than other locations.

When it comes to the 24K claim status, I'm not sure who really owns the claims. Jerry Kate used to own them, but had them leased to several people over the years (Elly one of them) and that is how the clubs came about. Elly told me some time ago Jerry was very sick and wanted out of the claims. Whether Elly really owns them or just holds the lease, I'm uncertain. If anyone is interested they really need to check out the status.

I've tried to email her several times with no response back. I keep hearing about all these huge nuggets being found on the claims, but I think it all promotional. You just have to keep an open mind on all this, expecially when the price of gold is touch $600/ounce. The are was very productive in the past, but it's been hammered, and re-hammered by some of the best nuggethunters in the Southwest. :(

The Coiltek Joey is a deadly little coil. Small elliptical searchcoils are great for crevicing bedrock areas and also work excellent for probing in and around large boulders at Rich Hill. Good friend several years ago found a 2+ ounce with the Joey working around the large Granite rocks. :o

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Gary,

You been out swinging the detector anymore? 

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Rob;

I was out last Saturday down on one of the tributaries that feeds the upper Wolf Creek, but had no luck at all. I walked the entire creek swing'n for atleast a mile-and-a-half before it started dropping extreemly down into the Wolf itself. This creekbead had the most beautiful exposed bedrock of Schist outcroppings about every 50-yards-or-so. Just ideal for catching and holding Gold. I used my Wallaby 17" eliptical mono on the way down first, but didn't find anything but rusted tin pieces and one lead-22-slug. So, after eating lunch I "briskly" hiked-back out where I had parked,.....changed to my little "Joe", and went back down swing'n on the bedrock. Well, apparantly my Wallaby hadn't missed anything, as my little Joey didn't do any better. <_< "Oh well, some days a Diamond, some days a stone",...........just have to try another tributary.

How about you,...........you been out lately? ?.............Gary

• Admin

Hello Gary,

I picked up two nugget last weekend poking around during field instructions. I found seven nuggets last Saturday and then two Sunday, but allowed the new customer to dig them up. All of them have been under a Dwt in size, so nothing to get real excited about. However, I just enjoy to get out and if I can get a small nugget I'm happy anymore! :)

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Gary,

I picked up two nugget last weekend poking around during field instructions.  I found seven nuggets last Saturday and then two Sunday, but allowed the new customer to dig them up.  All of them have been under a Dwt in size, so nothing to get real excited about.  However, I just enjoy to get out and if I can get a small nugget I'm happy anymore!  :)

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hay Rob;

That picture of where you where digging the nugget out of the deep crevice looked alot like Serpentinite beadrock. I have found some pretty large stretches of that stuff on the Wolf. Appears to be a little more productive than Schist bedrock.

Gary

• Admin

Hello Gary,

There might have been a section of Serpentinite bedrock, I actually didn't pay much attention. I know it took Leaverite and I a good 30 minutes, if not longer, to get that nugget out. Not real far up the wash there was a small prospect and I believe that might of been the source of the gold.

As rich as Wolf Creek is, you would think there some nice feeders up there that have nugget gold. Sometimes you have to hunt dozens and dozens of washes before you hit one that has gold.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison