Truck wash gives some up

Hey all:
Dad and I were able to get out to do some detecting today. It was a great day, good weather and the good Lord blessed us again! :)
Went to the top of Truck wash via backwards wash....not to be confused with owl wash.......

I hiked over the hill from backwards to truck and within 5 mins......got a hit. Its the one in the bedrock with the screwdriver. Started working down the wash and was popping nuggets. Got to the area I had detected before and called it quits there. Hiked back to Backwards wash and decided to do some patch hunting. I started by detecting the banks and lo and behold I was getting all the little nugs about 3-4 feet up from the wash.

I know it was not blown up there as it is a very small wash. About 1 1/2 foot wide and most of the time it just looks like a depression. Must have happened in the dinasoar days. I detected farther up the hills and didnt find anything.

Got about 5 nugs out of that area and worked down the wash all the time working the banks. I was able to get two more in the lower end.

6.3 grams total.

It was a great day out to be detecting!

Tom H.

or pancake wash.. :D

Looks good!

I love the way you name your washes-- i think i do the same, but i had never thought about it.....

or pancake wash.. :D

Looks good!

I love the way you name your washes-- i think i do the same, but i had never thought about it.....

Usually an event or something odd about the wash gives me the name...

Backwards...gold was heavy at the bottom end and light at the top.

Truck ...has a old truck in it

Owl...an owl flew in and wanted to eat dads detector :)

Helps me remember and when I talk to dad he can remember the wash.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...