WIN A MINELAB GPX 5000 METAL DETECTOR - HELPING A DEALER IN NEED!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does the raffle end? The GPAP meeting isn't until the first Thursday of March and I know we would like to pass it to the members who don't do Facebook or spend much time on forums.

I've asked my wife to buy a few tix as well (I don't have a Paypal account).

The text I sent her:

(URL) I need you to buy a few tix. This is for a good friend who I know would be doing the same if we were in his shoes.

It means the World to me!

Bill has a big heart and even bigger pride. I know it hurts to even consider accepting our help. I'll offer to hold him while someone kicks some sense into him if there's any more gruff from him :)

Rob, thanks for putting this together and be sure to tell the ML America folks thanks for allowing this. Also, to all who are donating items, you simply ROCK! Just wish I had something to donate worth winning.

Focus on the little gold

Jonathan Porter recently posted a true bit of wisdom: “Look
for the little gold, and the big gold will follow”

Bill Southern, we have never met, but I have had the pleasure of reading many of your adventures
in your search for gold, thank you for sharing them! :)

Our mutual friend, Rob Allison, has posted the circumstances your wife and you are facing, and I
comforted by the loving support for you and your wife from around the world. I find comfort for myself

in the fact that whether I buy one raffle ticket or many, is it ever enough? What more could I or should I give?

Jonathan’s bit of wisdom reminds me of a similar “bit of wisdom”. Matthew 22:37

“Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind”.

I believe that Jesus was saying in his own way,

Give me your cares, your worries, your fears and your doubts, but also give me your hope and expectations, I will do the rest!

Bill,

May you and your wife continue to discover the true gold in life, TOGETHER.

Blessings!

Ray

• Admin

Hey JonnyNugget,

If you're able to use Paypal or wire transfer funds to the BofA account, I'm willing to figure out a way to get it shipped to you if you win. If you're willing to pray for a friend in need, then you're more than welcome to purchase tickets. We can work out the details if you win the grand prize or smaller prizes after the raffle is over.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks Rob. i admit i do not know Bill or his wife, but me and my wife unfortunatley do know cancer very well. We lost both of my wifes parents to it, so consider our prayers a given. Im not fussed about winning (yes a 5000 would be nice) but we do know the challenges ahead for Bill and his wife therefor i could not let this thread pass without myself participating. I will be purchasing 4 tickets through my paypal account and i hope that helps towards the cause.

I do apologise that my first post on this forum is in such a thread as this after being a member for a year. I do check your forum out often but im naturally very quiet, am not very experienced in prospecting and mostly particiapte in OZ gold forums. Either way i wanted to participate in this raffle and had to check if its ok first.

This is a fantastic idea, you should be commended for it.

thanks again.

• Admin

Hello All,

Just an update, please don't send anymore payments to Paypal for the raffle. I was contacted by Paypal this evening and they said it's against their policy to accept donations for a raffle. They said if any transactions come through, I would have to refund them and write an email back to the person sending funds. I just wanted to spread the word, so if anyone has posted the information for paypal, please try to remove it so it don't hold up any funds for this raffle.

Thanks!

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Skip,

Luckily this morning I moved most of the funds from Paypal to the BofA account. I think there is only like $300 left behind that is suspended, but believe I will have this issue resolved within 24-48 hours if people don't continue to send funds to Paypal.

I would recommend a direct deposit or sending a check. All funds that have been sent are fine and safe.

Thanks for helping out over on Bill's forum!

Rob,

I have already remove all PayPal links related to the Raffle on NuggetShooter and the other forums I have posted the info, I also posted that all funds should be done via a transfer or deposit via the Bank Of America account.

I will update the posts for those that would like to send a check.

Skip

• Admin

Hey Skip,

Thanks for doing that over on the Nuggetshooter forum. There is one member named "UT" on the Findsmall, I need him to remove the Paypal link. I received another email today from Paypal about this and said they will hold the account under suspension until the link is removed. Anyone know the guy or have access, please ask him to at least remove the Paypal portion of the post if possible.

Thanks!

Rob,

I'm a member of FindMall, I don't know UT, but I have found his post over there and send him a PM to try and get the links removed, I also copied the updated version of your post here with the update payment methods so he can replace the one he has posted at FindMall now.

He seems to be very active on the FindMall forums, so I don't think it will be very long before he reads my PM, I will update you to the progress, if I don't get results from the PM sent to UT quickly I will contact an Administrator or Moderator to see if we can get the post updated.

Edit:

Rob, UT has replied to my PM and though he cannot figure out how to edit his post to remove the PayPal link, he did post a copy of your topic I included in my PM, where you first announced about the PayPal issue and ask everyone to not use PayPal again for the tickets, he has also contacted a Moderator to help and or edit the post, I also sent him another PM describing how he should be able to edit his original post.

I will update again if there's any more progress in getting the link removed.

Rob, I am posting here too.

I am in Stanton. Saw the post on the Stanton board today. Will fix the paypal info. How can we contribute? No BoA account. No online transfer access. Left the check book at home. How can we help? Do you have someone in Stanton who can collect money and take names? You could pick it up on the way to Bill's house... It's not that far out of the way...

• Admin

Hey Gold Seeker,

Awesome! I will let Paypal know. This was their biggest hang up, to get the Paypal link off of Findmall.

Timberwolf - The raffle is getting a bit overwhelming. Many have offered to send gifts and such, a bit much for one guy to manage all the stuff. My goal is to get as much funds to the Southern Family as possible. The funds don't have to come to me, if you feel you want to delivery yourself, send to the family or whatever, that is the goal. The entire raffle was just to help get attention and potentially maximize the amount we could raise in a short amount of time.

My plan it to attend Bill's outing next weekend and let him draw the winners. I will bring the GPX 5000 just in case the winner might be at the outing. That being said, not sure how we can get funds from the Stanton areas and get tickets to them unless someone (anyone) can collect the funds and bring them over to the LSD outing Saturday or Sunday.

Lets try to figure this out ....

Hey guys,

I reside in Colorado. There is no BofA here. But I was in Phoenix last week. Here's how I purchased raffle tickets. I contacted Rob privately beforehand. Told him an odd amount for two tickets. Then went into Wickenburg which is not far from Stanton. When you get into town turn right. There's a BofA across from Safeway supermarket, they open at 9AM. Make your deposit into that account Rob has set up for Bill. That account # is posted here somewhere. Then email Rob he will know it's you by your odd amount over $25 a raffle ticket. He will then give you your raffle number(s).

If I can do it living in Colorado with no BofA you can surely take a short trip to Wickenburg. Besides you probably need food supplies anyways in Safeway.

Good Luck!

Jimmy

• Admin

Hello All,

Well I was hoping I could make Bill Southern's LSD Outing this coming weekend, but some emergency work has came up and I won't be able to make it this weekend. I will have to re-schedule the drawing, but the raffle still ends this coming Friday at 7pm Arizona.

Kind of sucks, but I have to keep the lights on if you know what I mean.

P.S. A few more prizes have been added to the main thread.

Rob Allison

I'm not sure why the paypal thing coulnd't have been sent as gifts?

That's how we buy/sell on the other furums. If you write raffle anywhere during the process it does get flagged. We had the same issues with pool cue raffles on another site. I went to B of A where I have a credit card but was unable to transfer from there. I was also out of luck trying to transfer from my checking accout at another bank to that B of A account #.

I was hoping to get in but I just saw this yesterday and don't have the time to make it to the next town over to make a deposit. I will check for branch locations to see if we have gotten one in our town this last year. If so I may have time to get there this evening.

Good luck either way everyone.

-James

The word is hopefully this weekend, possibly Sunday, Rob had to work out of town last weekend and is now working around the clock, so as soon as Rob get a break from work I'm sure he will arrange to met up with Bill to do the drawing.

Sometimes life and work gets in the way of the best laid plans.

Skip