First big nug of the year

Well I have been waiting a few weeks for my good friend and Alaska dredging partner Paul (I'm a congress man) to get here for a camp n hunt week. Paul pulled in Monday morning and got set up at one of our old spots. I showed up Tuesday and the hunt was on we hiked in to one spot and after a few hours we only managed one small gram sized price so we decided to hike back stopping at an old patch I have been griding off a little at a time.

Paul, just learning his new 3500 took off swinging while I started back where I last left off. I dug a couple deep targets with no success. I got a real deep whisper of a signal, as I was clearing off the grass Paul walks up to see if I need a hand, he dug his butt off.

Well an hour and a half later, after dark we found ourselves standing over a hole 2.5 ft deep into the hardest red clay ( I had to chisel with a sledge and bar 30 mins ) out pops this very heavy rock... Woohoo!!

post-29399-0-01341700-1357865374_thumb.jpost-29399-0-65437600-1357865578_thumb.jpost-29399-0-79063500-1357865619_thumb.jpost-29399-0-91457100-1357865701_thumb.j

Found with a Minelab GPX 5000, Docs gold screamer, and a 20 inch Nugget Finder mono coil all from Robs detector sales.

Ps 4 ounces Troy

• Admin

Hey Border Boy,

Freaking Awesome!! Just goes to show they are still out there and the GPX 5000 with larger coils is doing it. The NF 20-inch Round is one of the most popular large mono coils and I can see why. :P

Thanks for sharing. Hope you find some more by gridding off the nearby area.

Keep us posted,

Rob Allison

We Have Been Having a Ball !!!!

All i Could Keep Thinking Of Was a Video JP Has That Shows Him Digging a deeeep

Hole For a Good Piece.... i Remember all The Talk and allThe Doubts

And Frustration He Was Having....

We Just Tried To Keep Positive and....DIG !!!!

God Blessed Us With a Good Friendship And Even Some Great Gold, Too.

Time for The 3500 To Start Rocking!!!

Wow! Congtrats for sure

I can only imagine what was going through your heads at the 2 foot level :)

It must have been screaming by then!

Tom H.

Thanks everyone! we had a great time!!

It is still out there for sure, and I am glad to have the 20 back at home! Thank you Rick.

Frank, thanks bro! I have been trying to talk Paul outta the purdy thirty five :P

Bob, they are still out there :ph34r: Thanks.

Rob, I remember picking up that coil at youre house in the middle of the night B) It payed for its self by 10 am the next day. ;)

Pete, bet you have dug a few holes like that, Cheers!

Jason , Thanks, Git out there!!

Adam, thats what i said :o

JP, Holding a heavy rock in the dark without a flashlight and knowing for sure what it is. The best memory, washing the clay off with Paul and seeing it for the first time :wub: thank you

Unc, south of congress. Lol Thanks!

Rick, you are right I would not have found it with out that coil. I have already exactly went low and slow over it with other good coils 11", !7"e, UFO, all great coils but each a different purpose Thanks for bringing her home :) and cant wait to see what ya got for me this summer

WayTooCool, Me too! One time I dug a OX shoe at 3.5' Ha Ha!

Blues , Thank you.

Steve, aint she pretty

Tom, I try not to think while im digging a deep hole :P One look at the layer that we unlocked at the 2 ft level and I knew what we were digging but you are right, overload within a foot. Had to hike back 30 mins to the truck grab a md 20, sledge and small spade to make sure we didnt damage the find

Thanks again friends,

Justin.

U guys are on it................keep at it and keep posting :)..............keeps me hungry!!!!

Tom H.

Wow....drool..... speechless

Thanks for posting pics and info keeps the fire burning in me to see gold like that, should I toss my sluice in the garbage as to focus on detecting? Got me thinking I should, instead of sifting for gold dust in the river. Super nice find guys, I would think about getting a dozer blade to scrape off a couple feet in the general area, even if it was a snow plow attached to a quad!!

Hello Border Boy,

Please keep digging that hole deeper and deeper cause I live exactly opposite you .......the other side of this world. :)

And you know what ..... I had found similar type of nugget you just found.

653gr02.jpg

See ! nugget with square little quartz .... :rolleyes:

see you then.

Cheers,

Paul

Hello Border Boy,

Please keep digging that hole deeper and deeper cause I live exactly opposite you .......the other side of this world. :)

And you know what ..... I had found similar type of nugget you just found.

653gr02.jpg

See ! nugget with square little quartz .... :rolleyes:

see you then.

Cheers,

Paul

Wow heck of a find Paul, How deep was it? :)