Dont Ask - Don't Tell Gold!

• Admin

Hello All,

Well I figured I could post these pictures now since the area has been hit pretty good. Please don't ask, so I won't have to lie to you :o

All three big ones are 3+ ounces each. I know you want to guess. Yes, they were found with the Minelab GPX 5000 with the NF 14x9 Advantage Solid. All were shallow and around old workings.

Good inspiration that they are still out there to be found. I get tired of hearing the old-timers already got it all.

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

Hey Rob, those are some nice pieces. I just looked at the online store and was very surprised with what I saw. I have not had occasion to go to the online store in a while and I found it to be fantastic. You out did yourself on the store. If anyone else has not looked at the store lately you need to. Rob has done a great job with the layout and has made it really easy to find what you may be looking for. I like it, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Crap!

Thats amazing Rob!!!

If you got those....imagine what the old timers got. DOH!

Thats some really great finds....glad you got over them.

Can I ask....how shallow is "shallow"? :)

Tom H.

Nice gold Rob, some of the details would be nice..

.found on old workings but why were they still there???Trash? Hot Rocks?

What about the 5000 made these nuggets appear to you and your technique?

I know you busy so I won't be too hurt if you don't answer...

fred

Wow!! Those are beauties, think I got an idea where you might have got those and the weather couldn't be better for the long hike. Great hunting Rob!!!!

Looking good Rob.

.I am having a ball with the "new 3500"...talk with you after the trip--

• Admin

Hey Guys,

The pieces were found in the Southwestern desert region. They were not found by me, but rather a friend. My friend found these pieces and then gave me an invite to the area. I found nuggets that I haven't posted yet from this location. The area is still pretty virgin, so we can't say too much right now. They were all within 6 inches, found in and around old workings with the Minelab GPX 5000. Very little ironstone or red dirt, pretty typical looking desert terrain with a few pieces of quartz here and there.

Just goes to show if you're looking for only the so-called indicators, then you're walking over, through and around a lot of gold. :o

I convinced my friend to allow me to post these finds on the forum. He's concerned, along with myself that someone might find it before we can return.

There has been around 18 ounces of gold found at this location in a few hunts.

It's out there .....

Hey Rob

Just a theory, thought I'd throw in my two cents on this because this is an interesting find.

I know of a few areas like your describing.

One thing in common about them is the gold comes out of the

ground brite and shiny imbedded in and with white dirt surounding them. These areas usually are high in alkali and salt(alkali) lime, calcium carbonate.

Many of these I've found in common Caliche. there is no iron left. it was probably leached out by the iron (acidic)and bleached away over time with erosion. even the quartz seems to have been bleached as well.not that it did not exist when the gold was formed.

but because the areas were probably epithermal in close proximity of volcanic activity possibly even under the ocean.possibly under sea smokers.

When these types of deposits come up and hit the cold sea water they chemiclly and thermaly precipatate, becomes insoluble with an anion shift, (temperature and salt combined).Its a negitive ion that interrupts bonding of the metals.

Some of these deposits are almost breciated with secondary sedimintation overlying them and probably the result of underwater earth quakes and landslides.

These deposits may and probably were formed under the ocean before being lifted with plate movement or at least early and as the mountain ranges have become exsposed from this action are now left exsposed in the deserts.

The nuggets appear to be higher in silver and lower in copper and this also fits with this theory because of the ion exchange when copper and iron (acidity)is removed.. when the PH moves to the alkaline side.

just a thought, take care and good luck, judging by the size of those nuggets It is obviously a very rich surface deposit. AzNuggetBob

Gravelwasher

There is a lot of gold still out there. I keep hearing of new finds all the time from friends. many you dont hear about on the forums. people just want to keep it secret and I can understand that. but I will say this, the more you understand about how gold forms the more you will find. AzNuggetBob

I would love to learn a little more about the different types of deposites around. I got a spot like that good nugz lots of caliche no iron grey dirt, you can drywash all day and only clean up once!!

Do you trade tutorials for beer Bob! :lol::huh:

Border Boy thanks for the offer but at this time Im not doing any personal instruction. I look forward to meeting you,

hopefully we will meet sometime soon, maybe at a prospecing get together out around the camp fire were all the prospecting info is free. ;):) AzNuggetBob