Got a few

Hey all:

Was able to take the quad out and do some exploring today and detect also.

First area I went to was a looooong way in as the wash was blocked by a bedrock waterfall. Had to go way around to get in. Turned out to be a bust. Bunch of shale....no trash though!

Spent most of the day there and then hit another wash on the way out.

Hiked back in a little over a half mile and was able to get the small one first.

Got the bigger one about 30 yards upstream from that.

I was getting pretty tired so I called it quits after that. No sense on doing stupid swinging. :)

Will go back another time when im fresh.

1.5 grams total. Good Lord blessed me with some nice gold and a great day out. :)

Enjoy.............

Tom H.

Nice goin Tom, should be more there i reckon ;)

Pete

Top of the washes has always been good to me. :)

Got about a half mile left on this wash.

Just got to get back in there when im fresh.

Tom

Tom,

Good hunting. How does your detector stay in the box you have set up on your 4 wheeler? I need to do something of that nature.

Brent

Brent:

I have 2" foam on the bottom and sides with it cut out to fit. The only thing sticking out is about 2 inches of the end when I travel.

I just take the coil off, slide the shaft down...snug it all in and im off and running. :)

Tom H.

Nice ol quad Tom. I have a sweet little Honda 50cc dirt bike that I take out sometimes. I look funny but I can lift it over a fence and ride deer trails on the hillside!

Nice ol quad Tom. I have a sweet little Honda 50cc dirt bike that I take out sometimes. I look funny but I can lift it over a fence and ride deer trails on the hillside!

Its a old 86 kawasaki I got for 200 bucks...put a top end on it and im good to go.

Im looking for a little 125 enduro so I can put it on the back of the truck for a emergency way out and also to buzz around the washes in.

Tom