What's your thoughts about this detector and video?

• Admin

Hello All,

Seen this video on Youtube when I was scanning for metal detecting for nuggets. The detector and blanket coil might work well even though I don't know anyone using one, but one thing I noticed and curious if you pick it up. Watch the video and see if you pick up what I see (hint - about the gold)?

Take care,

Rob Allison

So first there is no cactus or hills then there is...then there isn't ...

very clean, pretty nuggets...not many come out of the ground that shiney...

fred

Dern it Fred....you took the words out of my mouth. :(

Kind of a shame to put something like that out there...but im sure they will get some bites.

I can hardly walk where I detect, let alone drag something behind a quad!

Tom H.

Hi Rob,

I believe one of the sales reps are out of Las Vegas. I have seen 1 ATV towing one of these in Gold Basin once. I can only imagine they dont work to well, or everyone would be using them. Good idea though. The nuggets kind of all look like twins, nice and new.

Dave.

Well, I have used the detector and the 18" blanket coil @ Rye Patch, loved the coil hated the detector. It could not handle the salt.

Found no gold but did dig some deep trash.

I suggested to Wayne ( Owner of Accurate Detectors) that he make the drag coils for ML detectors.

What I use is a Mother Ship for a drag coil and a 25" NF for a shaft mount.

Carbon Coils in Australia makes a 40" round for ML and Whites detectors.

For us gold prospectors it just don't pay to use any thing less then Whites and ML PI's

Maybe Rod edited out the super spit shine || : °0

I must be doing something wrong. Only about one nugget in a thousand that I've found comes out of desert soil looking like cleaned, highly polished stream bed ancient placer. Maybe his machine has an in-ground sonic cleaner which cleans and polishes the target before recovery? Too cool....

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I think you picked up the same thing I did, the bright and shiney gold!! Not tooting my own horn, but I have found thousands of nuggets and none of them looked that clean from the desert region. I think I would have spent more time paying attention to details if I done the video. I think most watch the video and see the first clean nugget and then "call BS" on the entire video.

Just my thoughts ....

Rob Allison

They are based out of Gold Hill, Oregon. Alot of people up here seem to think they are the real deal but I'm not convinced. They put out this video a few months ago of them pulling a coil behind a jet ski to locate "mineral hot spots" and then claiming the gold dredged up was proof of it working.