GPAA Show in Mesa, AZ - Sept 29-30

The show, for the first time ever, is in Mesa for a second time this year. Still in the Mesa Convention Center, so it's easy to find.

All the usual characters and cronies - and hopefully a few new ones...

GPAP will be raffling off a 9+ gram nugget at the show, in addition to other goings on.

so be sure to stop by and get your tickets!

Also, bring your wallet. The vendors always have awesome deals going on and cash is king when even the show prices are too much and we revert to our haggling ways :D

Go to www.goldandtreasureshows.com or www.golprospectors.org and register early and get in free (otherwise $5 at the door) Be sure to tell them the Phoenix GPAA chapter, GPAP, sent ya. I haven't found where to put the promo code 202 in the prereg page.

They had Fred Hurt from Gold Rush at the March show. I wonder if they'll have some other personality there this time??

See ya there!

• 3 months later...

by chance was a demonstration by Pro Gold Prospecting on the Black Magic Fine Gold Recovery Sluice :glare: performed at this show? The person doing the demo was at the Denver Gold Show and I purchased one :( I realize it's a 'buyer beware' situation :unsure: , but I've had nothing but trouble with it's performance since :rolleyes: the owner of Pro Gold called and left a gruff message :angry2: in response to a letter I sent him; the letter wasn't too flatering :spank: the product is sitting in a corner of the garage gathering dust (guess I'll need to go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get some good fittings like what's shown on youtube). Just a heads up if you're considering spending your money, as I see it as just another gimick to help you part with your $ (just my opinion). the underflow sluice (pretty pricy) or a blue bowl would work just as good if not better for fine gold recovery. not trying to bad mouth the outfit. However, I thought I'd voice my 2 cents about it (sure glad there aren't other emoticons for me to get into trouble with). some might be wowed by it, I'm not. I expect to be thorougly chastised for my comments.

rob - I know he's a friend of yours, but don't delete my gripe. let me reap what I sow.

You didn't really explain what the problems you were having were. Perhaps someone here could suggest ways to resolve what problems you were having.

Chris

Sorry Chris, and thanks for the words of encouragement,

The fittings that are between the pump and the PVC are different on my unit from the ones shown in the two attached links. I honestly don't remember what they looked like during the demo. I purchased the unit 23 Sept and it's set since then. Possibly the fittings are the same, but all problems might have been eliminated.

Where the hose from the pump attaches to the water flow control valve, it leaks as well as the valve itself. The hose shown in the videos is ribbed while the ones that came with the units were not. Bottom line, the units sold at the shows, the fittings are inferior to the ones in the links. The situation might be fixed by using small adjustable hose clamps at the site of the leak, but that's ghetto looking, and shouldn't be necessary. when I spoke with the person who makes the unit, it was explained the hose need to be pulled back some so the little spines on the plastic would engage with the hose, thereby stopping the leak. Didn't work. Being a retired accountant, I never developed the skills needed to tinker with things. My downfall. However one shouldn't have to go to Home Depot/Lowes to fix something which should have worked from the get go. I suppose I have a case of sour grapes, but you learn from your mistakes. Whole reason for the venting and putting on this forum is the company is located in Youngtown AZ. However, any comments towards fixing the problem from those who are able to build and fix things is greatly appreciated.