Skunk 324 out of the way....

Hey All:

Well, Dad and I got out today and took advantage of the cold spell.

Wasnt too bad out there.

We detected a wash I had googled and it had really good bedrock and looked like a winner.

Well, we got some bullets and small pieces of wire out of it.

Decided to hit the Golden Diaper claim as we knew the area had seen some flooding.

Its amazing how much a flash flood can change the way an area looks.

When we got there you could not even tell anyone had ever been there. There was even some new bedrock exposed that wasnt before and the deeper areas had a nice cut running through them.

I hit it very slow and methodical and got.....wait for it.....wait for it.....2 little pieces of wire and one bitty piece of sheetmetal.

No gold! ..........I think I can say now.....the place is cleaned out. :)

Welp, theres next time.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom Jr, :o

Ya, it's amazing how some places where you found a bunch of gold, huge storms don't allow anymore gold to pop up. Then it other spots, normally the ones that were not as productive will produce a few nuggets each Monsoon or Winter storm. Go figure ....

Rob Allison

I feel you Tom. I've been out of the prospecting game for 6 months now since my son was born. Im itchin so bad to get out.. . a good old fashion skunk day would be great. and let me tell you, i am the SKUNK master. lol

Its funny how you can detect all day, dig trash after trash peice, and be driving out of the mountains thinking non stop about the next hunt. Gotta love the fever!

Landon, that's the exact way Tom and I felt as we left the washes last time. We were discussing how we were going to hit it next time. Getting out into a natural setting and doing your thing is food for the soul. I am doubly blessed in the fact that my son and I share the same passion in seeking the elusive yellow stuff. We are mostly locked into a semi-civilized existance and it is therapeutic to get out into nature. It eases stress on the home life also, ask my wife.

Old Tom

Tom & Old Tom;

Sure is right, need that "outdoor enviroment" to de-stress. Have not been out of prospecting now for also 7 months (minor health issue), went today and bought some equipment from Prospector62 just to "Feel Good" until I can hit the fields this fall. Only been out twice since I last saw you two at the Gold Hill outing. TOOOO darn long. And my wife is MORE than willing for me to get well and "Go Away" for awhile!!

Dutch

OOOOOPPSS--------Gold Basin not Gold Hill----what is the new buzz term?? My Bad.

Dutch

Dutch:

I remember speaking with you at the campfire about basketball players, the metal shop where you live and such :). It was a good time :)

If you cant get out for health reasons, ....Google earth and plan for your next outings. :)

Hope this helps and hope to see you again at one of the outings. If you cant get around too much, you can hang with us when we go out at the outings. I will have a alternative transportation and you and dad can use the 4runner.

Tom H.

Tom;

Appreciate the kind words, and all the offers and advice. Hope to be "more mobile" by late Oct or Nov. Am hopefully over the worse. Time will tell. As I tell everbody, it may have kicked my butt, but is sure the he!! didn" whup it yet!! At least 50% is in your mind and the rest hopefully the Dr's or The Almighty will help with. Have a good day, say hello to your Dad, and I look forward to seeing all later this year........Might find it helpful to take you up on that ride-----

Dutch

Tom;

Appreciate the kind words, and all the offers and advice. Hope to be "more mobile" by late Oct or Nov. Am hopefully over the worse. Time will tell. As I tell everbody, it may have kicked my butt, but is sure the he!! didn" whup it yet!! At least 50% is in your mind and the rest hopefully the Dr's or The Almighty will help with. Have a good day, say hello to your Dad, and I look forward to seeing all later this year........Might find it helpful to take you up on that ride-----

Dutch

Cool Beans Dutch....the ride is there if you want it. :)

Tom H.