Hunting old Rich Hill patches

• Admin

Hello All,

Today a partner and I managed to hit a few patches at Rich Hill. I was able to snag 4 small ones out of a 10 foot area. My partner found a nice water worn 4 Dwt piece in the lower portion of the patch.

Pictured below you will see where I snagged the 4 smaller ones using the Coiltek Joey DD Pro. All the nuggets were between larger rocks or hiding under brush.

It's still out there .... :huh:

patchgold01.jpg

patchgold02.jpg

Rob Allison

Well dang....

Thats some pretty nice gold. :)

Glad you took advantage of the "cool" weather and got out and got some gold.

Your partner got a real nice slug there :) I think I would call that big one the TESTICAL nugget. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I got out and got some copper clad lead bullets BLAH!! Its all good. :)

Tom H.

Nice gold Rob! Love that red dirt like Floyd used to say the reder the better!! Rob Can you tell me if a minelab coil is a mono or a DD by its serial number, Got 1 1/2 " rain up here today and it went south to the bradshaws.Did it get to you.

Mike

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

GreenBox - As for the older coils if I remember correctly, the Monoloops were labeled "Super Goldsearch" and the DD's were just "Goldsearch." On the newer Commander series, they actually day DD or Mono on them. Yep, Floyd loved that red dirt and heard him say the "Redder the better" many times.

I do remember the catch and release. :( Was hoping you would have found it, since it was the first from that area. That being said, didn't you find another on another trip with us?

Roger - Thousands and thousands more to find if you're willing to spend the time and effort to locate them. It's a bit warm now with high humidity, but a few more months and it will be prime time detecting weather. See you when you get out this way.

Rob Allison

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

GreenBox - As for the older coils if I remember correctly, the Monoloops were labeled "Super Goldsearch" and the DD's were just "Goldsearch." On the newer Commander series, they actually day DD or Mono on them. Yep, Floyd loved that red dirt and heard him say the "Redder the better" many times.

I do remember the catch and release. :( Was hoping you would have found it, since it was the first from that area. That being said, didn't you find another on another trip with us?

Roger - Thousands and thousands more to find if you're willing to spend the time and effort to locate them. It's a bit warm now with high humidity, but a few more months and it will be prime time detecting weather. See you when you get out this way.

Rob Allison

Yes I did Rob and I thank you again.Been thinking of your little we hope she is doing well.

Mike

Hey Rob

I know your buddy practices catch and release. Remember the pick up relocation catch and release program?

I hope their happy in there new habitat. don't worry I wont tell the hunters were they were released. :ph34r:

Do you remember me telling you about that catch and release program I was involved in up in Yarnell?

Ya we lost about a quarter of the herd due to alcohol consumption. Sad day. :spank:

AzNuggetBob

I went to school with a Frank Crowe in glendale az. That wouldn" be you would it?

GREENBOX, no I'm not that Frank.

But you and I have met before at Gold Basin in Bunks trailer last year at an outing.

I'm the Frank that builds drywashers and the keeper of the Vampire :D nugget from Quartzite area.

post-417-0-11450000-1345477588_thumb.jpg

As of this time I will be leaving for AZ on 10-29 about 3days to get there from WI always made it in 2-1/2 days but that hard driving

going to take it alittle bit easier this year

but I comin fer the gold so look out

Roger

GREENBOX, no I'm not that Frank.

But you and I have met before at Gold Basin in Bunks trailer last year at an outing.

I'm the Frank that builds drywashers and the keeper of the Vampire :D nugget from Quartzite area.

Hi Frank I do remember that now. Mike