Grubstake always wanted a Quad

Grubstake said he allways wanted a Quad, but got a five way bypass instead. He is doing ok and his breathing tube has been taken out based on the message I got from his wife. Gary told me yesterday that he is thankful for the prayers offered. He is in ICU but that is normal. More news to follow as I recieve it. thanks Jerry

That's good news, Jerry ... In three months he'll be climbing mountains ... Must be going around ... I went to the cardiologist today and I'm going to have to have some work done too but I hope to be climbing them faster soon ... Kinda scary ... Cheers, Unc

My father-in-law had a 4-way bypass a few months ago. He was in the hospital for about a week total, then home recuperating for another week (chomping at the bit to be up and about, needless to say) and after 2 weeks of "light duty" he feels better than he has in years.

Hang in there, Gary! It's gonna get a bunch better!

Thanks for keeping us up with his progress, too.

Kajun

I had 4-way bypass 12 years ago and now it looks like I may get a stent or two ... Before my open heart surgery, I was 100% plugged in the main artery and 60 to 90% in three others ... My heart grew its own bypasses! ... 3 months after my surgery I was out climbing the backside of Rich Hill in 110+ degree heat ... Works wonders! ... Cheers, Ron

I got a quad, had to rebuild it and its a great machine now. Great for prospecting! :)

Seriously.....I hope Grubby does well and I am praying for him.

Be thankful for modern medicine!!!

Tom H.

Guest sandtrap

I think Dorthy used all the time up on their cell phone.. She called yesterday, but I can't get an answer today.. Pondman told me they are moving him out of ICU, and into another room.

Hope for a speedy recovery Grubsteak.

My father had a Triple Bypass this past Feb. He constantly states that the only pain he felt was a sore throat, from the tube inserted dowm into his stomach. Now, 90 days later,you cant slow him down He says that he feels like a 73 yr old teenager. We have planned out trip to Az for Oct. time to try the new Ml Detectors :P and hopefully meet alot of you.

Bill

Gary,

Its good to see you on line, and home, finally!

Keep getting better, don't rush it for now...

Flak is good people, I don't believe they make 'em much better...

Gary in Boise

Yo Grubby ... So, did you get yerself some new tennies so you can start your new jogging program? ... Glad to see your snorkle above the waves and your ML battery chargin' !!!! Congrats on fighting the good fight! Cheers, Unc

Ron, I know one thing, anyone says, its a peice of cake, to have a By pass done, has not had one done. They hurt, like hell, recovery is long, 6-8 weeks, and trying to get sleep is a Bitc*, I droped 15 pounds already, I'm at 175, I found one thing out, they will keep you afternoon to release you, just because the get payed for a whole day on the hospital room. No joke, its the truth. Grubstake

Gary,

Didn't want you to think you were being forgotten up there in that hospital room around Memorial Day

and wanted to see for myself that you were doing ok.

I figured you'd think I was a hallucination.

Your doctor cracked me up when he came in and invited you outside for a smoke.

Oh and by the way, I thought being down around 175 suited you well.

Nice to see you writing a little.

Keep it all going, you're doing great.

Yep, 175, they gave me so much stool soffener, I still haven't quit crapping. Not fun. Well the most I ever weighed in my life, was 2 years ago, I was 206, but have been up and down, all the time. never that hig again. but close. Your son looks just like you!, but taller I think, He's about the righ age< did you buy him a car yet? Grubstake