The Honker Patch...

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

I had been feeling kinda bad because Lil Bro had been to busy with work, hunting, and had a broken truck to help me clean the honker patch, so on this day we tag- teamed it and found 3 more nuggets... This is when the digging started! I've had found over 9 happy0199[1].gif ounces now in this patch and Lil Bro has shared some very good patches with me so I'm was happy he found a very nice 16.6 dwt nugget, thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I got the 2 smaller ones for 3 dwt. Total weight just under 1 ounce so now it's well over 10 ounces from this patch.

Sorry guys there are more nuggets to come, I'll be able to finish the story up to date in a day or so... enjoy the pictures!

post-42-0-22370600-1334382056_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-70955700-1334382084_thumb.jpg

Guest goldstudmuffin

Holy Cow, Russ ... This is the ultimate nugget shooter's dream ... Who needs Australia when you have Artillary Peak>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>??? :D:lol:B):rolleyes: Cheers, Unc

Hey Uncle Ron, :) :) :)

I don't know there could be gold over at Artillary Peak... I've never been there. I just thought it was a good file name for gold pictures that were found somewhere else! ;) That's just part of being a good prospector... you have to cover your tracks :excl:

Guest goldstudmuffin

Well we cleaned out a section of the patch down to bedrock and found mutiple targets... all gold embedded in bedrock. We tag-teamed it again and found 8 nuggets total, I got the nice chunky 8 dwt'er and Lil Bro got the 7 smaller nuggets for 4.2 dwt. In all we found 12.2 dwt for the day!

Hope you enjoy the pictures...

post-42-0-71534800-1334623458_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-04838800-1334623473_thumb.jpg

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Rob and All,

This puts you up to date... it's picture the last nugget found in the honker patch it weighs 5.2 dwt, I got tired of digging and stretched out the patch a bit more with this nugget. I have a clean picture of it somewhere, I'll post it if I can find it.

I hope you've enjoyed...

post-42-0-92531400-1334624116_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-76363100-1334624135_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hey Russ,

Great to hear more about the Honker Patch and how you're able to stretch it out more. It was great seeing you and your wife last week. You're always welcome over and I value your friendship and the times we got to swing the coils together in the Arizona outback.

Looking forward to hearing more about the patch and what else might be turned up out there. Let me know how the new coil works out also.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison