First nuggets with the GPX 5000

I received my new GPX 5000 from Rob last Thursday in excellent condition. I assembled it, read and reread the instructions that night and was ready to find some gold. I was planing on detecting that Saturday with my buddies rain or shine, I was really excited. Thankfully it was just cloudy! We hiked into our favorite spot, turned the machine on, adjusted a few settings and I was detecting. Within the first hour I had my first nugget. A 1.3dwt (top nugget) boomer signal about 4 inches deep. Towards the end of the day, I decided to put my coil over four other pieces of gold with a combined weight of .9dwt for a day total of 2.2dwt. The first day out with the 5000 turned out to be my best day of detecting, so far :)

post-44783-0-78910000-1332974105_thumb.j

WOWSA! That is some great looking gold. Have you already been a nugget shooter, and the 5000 is new to you, or are you a complete newbe? No matter anyway, that is some great detection with a new to you machine. The GPX 5000 is a fantastic machine, as you use it even more you will be amazed with it capabilities. Again Congrats!

More Au to you, Robert

Brian:

Congrats! NIce looking gold :)

Keep up the good work. Youl find more!

Keep swinging and remember those nugs when you get a

dry spell. Keep telling yourself, I know its out there....just got to get over it....

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Nevada Brian,

Thanks for purchasing the GPX-5000. As you can already see with the gold you have found, you're going to love the detector. Wishing you much more success with the new detector. Keep us updated here on the forums if you would.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

WOWSA! That is some great looking gold. Have you already been a nugget shooter, and the 5000 is new to you, or are you a complete newbe? No matter anyway, that is some great detection with a new to you machine. The GPX 5000 is a fantastic machine, as you use it even more you will be amazed with it capabilities. Again Congrats!

More Au to you, Robert

Hi Robert,

Been detecting seriously for almost a year, prior to that you would find me hauling 5 gallon buckets to the sluice box. Started off with the GMT, then the GP Extreme which is an awesome machine and found some really nice gold but had the opportunity to upgrade to the 5000.