Looking for an old ghost town

Can any of the Nevada natives tell me where I can find an old ghost town named Jinx (not sure of the spelling)? It is supposed to be somewhere outside of Fallon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not a Nevada native, but there is a Jinks, Nevada south of Tonopah on Highway 95.

I would imagine there may be more than one Jinks, Jinx, etc.

Kind of like looking for a place called Willow Creek,

There could always be more than one location of the same name!

The adventure is in the looking!

~LARGO~

Not a Nevada native, but there is a Jinks, Nevada south of Tonopah on Highway 95.

I would imagine there may be more than one Jinks, Jinx, etc.

Kind of like looking for a place called Willow Creek,

There could always be more than one location of the same name!

The adventure is in the looking!

~LARGO~

Hi LARGO, can you please give me a GPS grid or at least a localized area so I can locate Jinks on Google Earth? I have looked but have had no luck, and I cannot find anything on the net about it. Thank you.

Hi Chris,

This Jinks, Nevada appears to be south-east of Goldfield, Nevada.

This page shows the coordinates of that location.

http://www.minecache.com/showdetails/10222334

I have not used this particular function offered on this page, but you can try to utilize the

coordinates found on this page on the Google Earth Fly To box.

Be sure to follow the instructions on the Google Earth Fly To search box, enter the latitude first, then the Longitude, using all the coordinate numbers just as you have found them, as they are all important.

It will take you right to that particular Binks location, judging from the information that comes up on the left side of the search page. It is just south east of Goldfield.

Once you have the general idea where it is, at the top of the Google map page where the search options are, click the icon that says view in Google Maps, it will show you a map with all the street and highway names. May not be a lot of streets out there where you are looking, however.

Good luck! Don't forget me if you hit it big there! Watch where you step, you know the usual

safety stuff...I hope!

Hope this helps...as I indicated, there could be other places with the name of Jinks, Jinx.

~LARGO~

Hi Chris,

This Jinks, Nevada appears to be south-east of Goldfield, Nevada.

This page shows the coordinates of that location.

http://www.minecache...etails/10222334

I have not used this particular function offered on this page, but you can try to utilize the

coordinates found on this page on the Google Earth Fly To box.

Be sure to follow the instructions on the Google Earth Fly To search box, enter the latitude first, then the Longitude, using all the coordinate numbers just as you have found them, as they are all important.

It will take you right to that particular Binks location, judging from the information that comes up on the left side of the search page. It is just south east of Goldfield.

Once you have the general idea where it is, at the top of the Google map page where the search options are, click the icon that says view in Google Maps, it will show you a map with all the street and highway names. May not be a lot of streets out there where you are looking, however.

Good luck! Don't forget me if you hit it big there! Watch where you step, you know the usual

safety stuff...I hope!

Hope this helps...as I indicated, there could be other places with the name of Jinks, Jinx.

~LARGO~

I never knew about this program. I thank you, but my wife is gonna kill you, because now I have a new reason to spend countless hours in front of the computer. Thank you for all the help. And if I strike it rich, I'm moving to Australia...lol. I'll throw a little something at ya before I take flight though.

Chris:

The one thing in particular that nagging in my mind, is that this Jinks/Jinx location you seek, is supposed to be near Fallon Nevada.

This location I have provided, is a long way from Fallon. However, it is near to a very productive old time gold location, being Goldfield.

Don't want yours wife to get too upset, thinking I sent you out on a wild goose chase. It wouldn'lt be the first time such a adventure was launched based on faulty initial information.

Recheck your sources to ensure you are on the right track before you strike out. This Nevada country is very big, and can be unforgiving to the unprepared!

Have a great day!

~LARGO~

Archived