Looking for Ray Flannigan (Flanagan) from New Mexico

Hello All,

A friend of mine here in Barstow has asked me to try to locate some contact information of a gentleman he used to nugget hunt with. The gentleman's name is Ray Flannigan (spelling of last name may be incorrect) and he is supposed to reside somewhere in New Mexico right now. Ray used to hunt the area north of Barstow with Craig and Bill. Ray is supposed to be a well known detectorist and should know that I am referring to him if he reads this post. If someone on here knows how to reach him, can you please do so and point him in my direction. Thank you very much!

There's a Ray Flannagan here in Las Vegas, very good prospector. Also hunted in Barstow. Used to have a Red Heeler named Bandit. Has had quadruple by pass.

Doc

There's a Ray Flannagan here in Las Vegas, very good prospector. Also hunted in Barstow. Used to have a Red Heeler named Bandit. Has had quadruple by pass.

Doc

DOC,

That sounds like him. I remember the quadruple bypass story. Can you put me in touch with him? Or vice-versa? A gentleman he used to hunt with, Craig Gesireich is looking to get in touch with him again. Can you please send him my info so I can get them in touch? 760-985-7075. Thanks, DOC.

Hi Doc,

One late night down at Rye Patch, I heard loud shouting with all manner of expletives being used, it seemed to be kind of a one sided disagreement, possibly a bad case of unharmonious marital abuse going on.

Things finally quieted down, however, for the remainder of the night, my mind could not let go of the awful sounds I had heard earlier, out in the darkness of that very remote location. I could only imagine what the light of day would reveal as to the outcome of this nocturnal fray.

The next day I learned what was happening, was this Flannagan fellow had let his dog come out with him into the dark night of the desert, in order to take a midnight leak, and was having a very difficult job trying to get this very stubborn and disagreeable dog back into the camp trailer...

~LARGO~

Knowing Bandit he was probably in the milk crate on the back of Ray's quad waiting to go for a ride. Bandit died. He really was a very sweet dog. Ray has a new heeler now.

Doc

You are right, Doc, I remember there was some arrangement for Bandit on Ray's 4 wheeler.

Those heelers are great dogs, I have had a couple of them, one shown right on my photo here. Her name is Pepper. Her back end is pretty much black, her front is a white with a peppering of black spots, hence her name.

She can be very protective, a great family dog,good with the little kids, once she gets to like a person, she never forgets, and there is no end of her pestering them for attention.

Gary

Archived