Can't wait!

Well we are finally able to start slowly getting back in to prospecting after having to take a break due to events happening that were completely out of our hands! I am excited to get back in to the groove of things and start meeting new people and getting in touch with old friends. I also want to take a moment to thank the people on here who were and have been nice enough to help my hubby ( Chris Coffee ) and myself with very useful advice, great deals on products, or just flat being great people and good friends. ( Grubstake, NuggetHunting, T-Bone, El Dorado ) to name a few sorry. I know I have probably left some names out I do not know the names of everyone who has helped out or been there, But you know who you are and I thank all of you for your kindness and generosity to us. Can't wait to eventually meet all of you and be able to do some hunting and share good times. Til then happy hunting my friends! :D

• Admin

Hello Diamond Queen,

Thanks for the kind comments. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum, wish more of them would contribute. Many are concerned someone will find their spot if they post anything or talk too much. Kind of sucks in a way, cause people that are successful and have a lot of knowledge are worried about someone capitalizing on their hard work, but that's the reality of the gold business.

Wishing you and Chris much success out there. Hope you see you both on the forums more.

Rob Allison

:D:D Rob... not me. I have been giving away information to those interested in old and forgotten areas in Nevada where nothing now remains and it now may take a 4-wheel vehicle to go to the site. My backtrail is long and twisty dating back to the late 1940's; and especially while I was a small mining consultant from 1957 until 1982. My library of old bulletins is now nearly gone and I thank all of you who bought one and hope you found something of interest in them. :) "tailgate" Jim Staight

Rob I am most definitely gonna try to be on here more often. As I enjoy talking to everybody.. You are more than welcome for the kind words thank you for being a great person and helping Chris out and befriending us... It is much appreciated! I am hoping to meet you in person someday and maybe do some hunting with you.. ; )

Howdy... I thought I would "bump" your posr before it drops to pg. two and is lost in the sands of time.

Well it has been about a year since you both missed meeting me at the Randsburg General Store. But later I saw you both driving down Benson Canyon, but I did not know at this time it was you and your husband. I was with a couple of others and I was talking about the area's Cenozoic Pliocene and Tertiary Channels daylighting in this area (as you drove past) and of all the multi-ounce nuggets have been found on the ridge by using a metal detector over the years between the Taft and PCSC Red Chispa...

I will mention two things thay may help you and Chris get up to speed: On the weekends the Randsburg Museum is open, go in and visit it. The curater is Mark Parker, one of the TRUE oldtimers. Mr Parker has a video that he sells for $20 postpaid (Gold comes in many forms and it sometimes takes thinking out of the box to get on its trail)... I recommend buying it, nuff said.

The other thing... I guess you may know both Jerry and his Pal Richard? They are fun to know and a real "hoot" to be with. They where to go, but need help to find it :lol: nuff said. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

I do indeed know Jerry and Richard. Both very nice guys and the time we hunted together was a real blast. I will soon be the proud owner of one of the GPX 5000 units, so I will be back out there in the area again soon.

I sure do regret not being able to meet you that day. It still blows my mind that you were sitting not 10 feet from me and the girl told me you weren't there. Sure wish I could go back and do that day over.

I have tried to get into the museum a few different times, but I can never seem to get there when it is actually open. I will try again as soon as I possibly can. Wishing you and your wife the very best. Hope to finally meet you someday......while we are both parked!!! :D

Hey Chris; that 5000 is the top of the heap...I hope you are buying from a dealer that offers lessons....that will flatten the learning curve a good deal...also, Jonathan Porter and Chris each have made instruction videos for the Minelab 5000...everything they made together and separately has been top cabin...a few dollars for about 60 years of combined experience is a bargin...

I believe Rob has these videos and definitely has the 5000...

fred

Hey Chris; that 5000 is the top of the heap...I hope you are buying from a dealer that offers lessons....that will flatten the learning curve a good deal...also, Jonathan Porter and Chris each have made instruction videos for the Minelab 5000...everything they made together and separately has been top cabin...a few dollars for about 60 years of combined experience is a bargin...

I believe Rob has these videos and definitely has the 5000...

fred

Hi Fred,

Hope all is well with you. I am going to pick the unit up from Rob, and as far as I know, he offers lessons with a purchase. Not sure how long his lessons are, but if he offers it I am going to take it. I am hoping that his lessons are like some of the other dealers I have seen advertising on the net with 3 and 5 day lessons. I don't think I will necessarily need 5 days, but 2 or 3 would be nice. I know there is a LOT of differences between the 5000 and the 3000 that I had, and I don't see my self retaining everything in just one day. Some people might be able to, but I have "WMS" (Wife Memory Syndrome); it only works every now and then.

I think the package that I will be getting from Rob has the DVD's you mentioned in it, so I will be spending just as much time in front of the TV as I will in the field for the first couple of weeks. I'm really excited about getting the machine. I have seen what they can do and I am impressed. I have been finding some nuggies with my Gold Bug Pro, but I really want that depth advantage of the 5000.

Sorry guys! I have been slacking coming on again with work and all. Dutch John thank you for the info I appreciate it very much and will try to look into the tips you gave me. I try to get out when I can. Just kind of sucks for me because I work on weekends and that is when most people go out and hang out and detect, drywash, sluice and so on.... So I take what I can get for the most part... :( I think the most enjoyable part for me is meeting new people who are nice and fun to hang with such as yourselves. It is a pleasure for me when I get to meet all the nice wonderful people on here. So again thank you guys so very much for the wonderful hospitality.. :wub:

Sorry guys! I have been slacking coming on again with work and all. Dutch John thank you for the info I appreciate it very much and will try to look into the tips you gave me. I try to get out when I can. Just kind of sucks for me because I work on weekends and that is when most people go out and hang out and detect, drywash, sluice and so on.... So I take what I can get for the most part... :( I think the most enjoyable part for me is meeting new people who are nice and fun to hang with such as yourselves. It is a pleasure for me when I get to meet all the nice wonderful people on here. So again thank you guys so very much for the wonderful hospitality.. :wub:

LOL sorry for the double post the post above is actually by me I did not realize Chris was signed in on here on my computer.. :blush::P

You made a good choice...I am sure Rob will give you a good start...a portable dvd player would enable you to take your recorded lessons out in the field with you...I find I learn better when I can apply what I am learning "in the moment" so to speak...

good luck

fred

LOL sorry for the double post the post above is actually by me I did not realize Chris was signed in on here on my computer.. :blush::P

Babe......you're a goof!!!!! LMAO

Chris,

Glad to hear you are going to be back at it. That 5000 is just the best and your training wiRob will certainly get you going in theright direction fast!

Hi Steve, how are ya buddy? Hopefully eyeballs deep in gold by now. Thanks for the warm welcome back. I am really excited to get back at it AND with a new 5000 nonetheless. I picked up another Gold Bug Pro to keep me going until time to pick up the Big Boy. Once I get the 5000 I plan on making some trips to Az. and NorCal so maybe I can meet up with ya somewhere when I get up that way and say hello.

Babe......you're a goof!!!!! LMAO

I know I am I said sorry... LOL Thats what happens when you leave yourself signed in ..... :P

Archived