Border Patrol

So they pulled me over today near Three Points.

Reason: Dirty License Plate (still clearly readable)

They didn't write me a ticket or anything. Just asked what I was doing in the area. I'm use to talking to them everytime I go out there but they've never pulled me over. They normally just pull up and talk.

Don't they only enforce federal laws? Is a clean license plate federal law? Would think it would be a state law if anything.

So they pulled me over today near Three Points.

Reason: Dirty License Plate (still clearly readable)

They didn't write me a ticket or anything. Just asked what I was doing in the area. I'm use to talking to them everytime I go out there but they've never pulled me over. They normally just pull up and talk.

Don't they only enforce federal laws? Is a clean license plate federal law? Would think it would be a state law if anything.

Most likely they pulled you over for that as a secondary reason.

They wanted to see what you were up to so they used that as the reason to pull you over. :)

They probably cant just pull you over to ask you what your doing out there...then you could sue for being profiled, harrassed and started loosing your hair because of it.

Cant blame them...thier trying.

Tom H.

Regardless Civil Rights violation.....They are acting more like the DEA than the border patrol. They should be profiling instead of hard

assing citizens. Regardless of what you think Big brother truly has been hand cuffed and the every day citizen suffers the inconvenience

STOP THEM AT THE BORDER!! Not 40 miles into the United States

I'm heading to Nogales now and will probably talk with Border Patrol at least a couple times per day.

They've always been cool with me so we just BS about prospecting.

Here's some recent videos (You have to turn volume way up to hear) CLICK HERE

Before I wouldn't think the feds have much say over you in the dirt but now that they're Homeland Security it's unknown. They fired shots at a car in bowling alley parking lot here in Tucson Saturday STORY HERE so they must have some sort of police-type authority.

Long as LE ain't dicks I treat em cool.

I think I have to agree with oldies, it was probably a secondary reason. Good thing is they obviously had no grounds to issue a ticket which is why you didn't get one. Adam I did not see in Deserts first post where he was getting upset, maybe I missed something? :blink: But I do agree that they are just doing their job even if they are just being nosy. You never know until you look,ask... and so on. I would say unless it becomes a regular thing they do to you just take it with a grain of salt this time. Good luck on your future hunts. :D

So, Border Patrol swung by quickly after I parked near border in Coronado Forest.

Had a wonderful conversation with agent wearing what would be Captain's bars in the Air Force.

He's found a couple spurs out wandering and was interested in my experiences.

Then, at 2:30 am my security devices detected a patrol outside: 30-second video HERE

I was gonna spotlight him for kicks but didn't wanna engage that early (and if he didn't have a sense of humor who knows lol)

But- I'm kinda on DesertNuggets' side regarding being stopped far from the border. I'm not in a hurry to have more kinds of cops pulling people over.

Although my neighbors say illegals come out of the wash asking to use phone/get rides to Phoenix, I'd prefer BP to have very clear reason for doing a traffic stop as far north as 3 points.

Quality of life issue. ;)

Oh - and I only found junk This Time but treasure is comin!

Dude just dogged me all the way to Starbucks :angry2:

He swung a U on Twin Peaks road and was on my butt for miles.

In bank parking lot he told me "Your license plate is way up there. Hard to read".

I asked him why he's dogging us all the way up here (north of Tucson).

Gotta admit, I wasn't near as cordial as when I talk with them down south.

Bet it's the same guy huntin bales for a pat on the head from The Man.

Anything to keep the brothuh down...... ;)

Lets not forget the facist in Arizona that past a law that says anyone can be pulled over just for looking mexican. They are your rights and you guys ( voters hopefully ) alowed this great civil atrosity to happen. Until our imagratoin and drug policies are changed we will continue to give the cartels ultimate power, as we watch our civil rights go down the toilet.

I'm pissed

Aaron

Landlord just said 3 cars cornered him in Picture Rocks over a bad brake light.

Soooo... is Obama coming for a visit or something to start this major fishing expedition?

AH- just read this:

"Joint Task Force North will be deploying military personnel and equipment starting in mid-February to support the U.S. Border Patrol in southern Arizona and New Mexico...

JTF-North spokesman Armando Carrasco said because the mission will be under Customs and Border Protection, he cannot talk about specifics.

However, he said there will be multiple active duty and reserve component resources from different military services involved."

http://www.svherald.com/content/news/2012/02/10/248298

May be some interesting stories coming out of the southern AZ region soon... :D

Dude just dogged me all the way to Starbucks :angry2:

He swung a U on Twin Peaks road and was on my butt for miles.

In bank parking lot he told me "Your license plate is way up there. Hard to read".

I asked him why he's dogging us all the way up here (north of Tucson).

Gotta admit, I wasn't near as cordial as when I talk with them down south.

Bet it's the same guy huntin bales for a pat on the head from The Man.

Anything to keep the brothuh down...... ;)

Yup! All the people above who said they are ok with it might change their tune once they start getting harrased.

Archived