Anybody out prospecting?

Have not heard much from people prospecting lately. Its great weather for it! :)

Im going out to give Quadzimoto a shakedown cruise tomarrow and do some detecting.....Also going out with my dad on Sunday to my special wash.

Whats everyone doing? Skunks??? Not going out??

Tom H.

Tom i have been getting out just about every day. If it did not rain could get out more. Got out this thur -sun with a friend ended up with 9.9 grams largest 2.9 grams. Found my first two with my minelab then it took a poo poo and would not work. So had to find all the rest with a old gold bug 2. And have been spending a bit of time doing a little hard rock crushing. Dug on the vain next to the mine and hit a little seam nearly gold on every one of those rocks been fun

Tom any time you and your dad want to hit some different ground down south look me up. Hunting GV every chance I get, I know there's a good one down there with my name on it. The pickings are slim but with so much trash there still has to be some gold left........I hope. Then you hit an area where there are no targets at all and you know you're on some ones old patch. A few weeks ago I went to a spot I knew an guy found some good gold at, all day not ONE target.

Tom i have been getting out just about every day. If it did not rain could get out more. Got out this thur -sun with a friend ended up with 9.9 grams largest 2.9 grams. Found my first two with my minelab then it took a poo poo and would not work. So had to find all the rest with a old gold bug 2. And have been spending a bit of time doing a little hard rock crushing. Dug on the vain next to the mine and hit a little seam nearly gold on every one of those rocks been fun

Dood..........Do you really even need a detector. I think your arm and nose has become one! :)

Seriously, you know how to get it!

Let me know if you ever want to come down and use the 5G. I could play around with the GB2. Would be great to get together again.

We could go to the area that you broke me in on. Or some of the tribs :)

Tom H.

I went birdwatching last weekend, and was much more successful at that ....

Birds are cool :)

Sometimes when im out I watch them and wonder what the heck they are doing...just looking for food I guess.

Its fun too.

Tom H.

Hey Tom,

Just working on my end, no play lately .... :(

Yah......... I know the feeling. Been turning down plating jobs lately so I can go out with Pops. Thats much more benificial :)))

You'l get out there eventually. Keep up the good work and tks for helping all of us.

Tom H.

Tom any time you and your dad want to hit some different ground down south look me up. Hunting GV every chance I get, I know there's a good one down there with my name on it. The pickings are slim but with so much trash there still has to be some gold left........I hope. Then you hit an area where there are no targets at all and you know you're on some ones old patch. A few weeks ago I went to a spot I knew an guy found some good gold at, all day not ONE target.

AZ:

Tks for the offer. I will deffinently take you up on that in the future. The same for you on my end.

Im finding some nice stuff up here lately. I think its due to the fact that..........

God wanted to give me some gold..

Im going Waaaaaay back in and walking my butt off to get there.

Google earth...looking for bedrock.

and just dumb luck!

Just keep at it bud, you will find that wash with your name on it. A friend told me that a ways back and it happened.

It boils down to perseverence,research, and work.

You will find it.

Tom H.

Skunked. :)

[/qu

Yup... I know the feeling...im on my 4th one now.

Oh well maybe Ill break it tomarow...or Sunday.

Or in Jan..or Feb..or Mar....what the heck...........Its fun :)

Tom H.

Just stopped pouring in Tucson; wondering where the roads might be okay to take the Beast. :)

Good luck out there Kelly.

It was fun to meet you and talk at the Quartzsite outing.

Pops really enjoyed talking with you about communication stuff.

Look forward to the next time.

Tom H.

Good luck out there Kelly.

It was fun to meet you and talk at the Quartzsite outing.

Pops really enjoyed talking with you about communication stuff.

Look forward to the next time.

Tom H.

Nice meetin y'all too, Tom.

I'd definitely enjoy hearing more of Papa's stories.

Think I'll try Gville tomorrow - gettin stir crazy.

Haven't been out a lot , I did drive 500 MILE round trip to rich hill just to sit in the truck and watch the rain for 2 days . Made it home and cleared a few yards of overburden on my claim , so next week should be sweet , BIG nugz to all .:....Justin

Groovy time at Greaterville yesterday hanging out with AzO & co. on a beautiful day. :)

My finds: Click Here

That staple made a weird signal.

After a couple days recuperating weather should be nice for Wednesday!

Kelly:

Those are some beautiful pull tabs:O

Bet you were excited to find them.

I found this on Friday back up in a wash.

Ahh..how many times did I stick my thumb through that stupid hole!

Funny...that can weighs almost twice as much as the ones now days.

Good luck out there next time.

Tom H.

Enjoyed meeting up with Notorious on Saturday. Tried moving a little dirt but still no luck. Don't really like detecting in wet soil, I just don't seem to get the same depth. I did like the overcast later in the afternoon, my detector was running so smooth, no EMI. Kelly did you see those two V-22 Osprays buzz right over us? Hadn't seen those out there before.

Archived