'The West Australian Adventure'

G'day from the 'Land Downunder', thought I might post up a link to a project I've been working on since returning home after my adventures in West Australia with Chris Ralph and Steve Herschbach.

This is my way of saying thank you to a couple of 'Swell Guys' (Fair Dinkum Blokes in Aussie lingo (talk) ). I've not had much of an opportunity to talk with Chris and Steve since returning home but would like to publicly say it was an absolute honor to have a couple of American icons in my camp sharing an evening meal with me.

As most seasoned electronic prospectors know, the art of being successful with a metal detector is in your mental attitude, even after a full month of laying on the hard Aussie ground dealing with a million flies, missing their families and friends and putting up with my cooking, they not once lost their enthusiasm for the Adventure.

TheThreeAmigos.jpg

Chris and Steve you are both welcome back in my bush camp any time..... I hope my latest endeavors at editing the video footage I obtained on our trip does the experience we shared together justice.

Please click here to be taken to Minelabs 'Treasure Talk'

Please check back with the Minelab web site often as there will be more segments coming soon on "The West Australian Adventure"

JP

Yaaaahooo... maybe i can do a mission trip to W.A.!!!!

Looked great!

paul

It truly was an amazing adventure, something I had looked forward to for many months. JP was a great host, a very knowledgeable guide to the goldfields, a fine camp mate and an unexpectedly talented cook. Australia was a beautiful, fascinating place. I'm looking forward to the time when I can get back and try again.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting better with each installment. Hopefully this will turn into a full blown production because frankly I think a ton of people would like to see it. Your videos are fantastic but by their nature self-limiting - if you do not have a GPX 5000 you are not likely to buy a DVD specific to it. Everyone loves a straight forward prospecting adventure as the information applies no matter what detector you own.

Thanks JP for the birthday gift. I get a year older on Dec 25th. Off to Hawaii tonight to enjoy the b-day on the beach with my wife and daughter. Merry Christmas!

JP thanks for the link to the website, never know of it before, a lot of good reads.

Steve, happy birthday, have a great time in the islands. I've never met you but have a friend in Chris Ralph, maybe when your down in the Reno area again maybe I can get together with you two for a hunt.

Take care, Wes

• 1 month later...

Jonathan;

Dang I have to go back!!!! Some good lessons in that segment and well done! I see Steve was perfecting the Ozzie Salute...did you teach them to detect into the wind? That suggestion gave me some relief from your national mascot...the bush fly!

best wishes

fred

• 3 weeks later...

Fourth installment of 'The West Australian Adventure' is now up on the Minelab website. Watch Chris Ralph, Steve Herschbach and I discussing on camera an area Chris found the day before where some one had previously found gold and our subsequent good luck on the patch thanks to our Minelab GPX 5000's. B)

Enjoy B):rolleyes:

'The West Australian Adventure' Part 4

JP

• 3 months later...

Seems 'The West Australian Adventure' videos are very popular, so Minelab asked me to produce a few more of them for 'Treasure Talk'. cool.png

In the last video blog, Chris Ralph got onto an area where others had found a lot of gold going by all the dig holes scattered round the landscape, next day I was fortunate enough to get my coil over a nice deep sounding target which turned into a beautiful solid 1/2 ounce slug of WA sunshine.

Check out the latest video where Steve gets in on the action using the GPX 5000 and an 18" Monoloop I loaned him for the duration of trip and which he rarely ever took off.

http://www.minelab.c...deo-blog-part-5

SteveDig.jpg

SteveH_Halfounce2.jpg

• Admin

Hey JP,

That is just awesome. Keep doing what you do, we all enjoy your videos, tips and just general posting on the forums. Hope to see you contributing more here on these forums. I think I speak for most, we don't see you enough! :)

Sure wish I lived closer to you so we could do some swinging together.

Wishing you the best,

Rob Allison