Good day and my largest Virginia nugget

Weighing in at 1.40 ozt and not another for two hundred yards! Thanks Minelab and Coiltek, this one was 24" in minerialized soil.

WOOO HOOOOOOO..... a gem dandy!!!!!!!!

I am gonna have to come back east if you keep this up!!!!

I am from east tn...but i dont think we have anything like that down there..... i am in TX right now.

Seems like you are consistently doing well....keep up the hard work and posts so i can keep the fire burning!!!!!!

paul

Weighing in at 1.40 ozt and not another for two hundred yards! Thanks Minelab and Coiltek, this one was 24" in minerialized soil.

Man! Thats a beauty!!!

Dont you love it when you dig...keep getting the target..dig..getting louder...dig...oh crap its screaming now..

Dig...ahhhh....yes...bedrock...Dig...its in my spoon.....and there it is...just smiling at you :)

Fantastic find!

Tom H.

Nice piece bud, did you find it with the big boy coil? Kick Arse gold dude, those are the kind of nuggets that you hold in youre hand for a few seconds before you look again to see if youre dreaming :D

I have stopped by the gold museum between culpepper and Fredricksburg a couple of times and it has been closed. A friend that I stay with his neighbor out of Culpepper has a couple of old gold mine shafts on his property. Might have to try and gain access the next time I'm out that way.

thanks for sharing

Allen in MT

Allen, you may already know this. There were 300 mines in Virginia, some as early as 1800, many of the miners left in 1849 for some reason, the Civil War 1861-1865 shut down or destroyed the active mines and many never reopened, those that did were closed in WWII, and only a couple reopened, the last ceased operation in 1956. In other words most of the mines were not fully worked so there is a chance you can find nugggets at any of the old sites.

Archived