Karl von Mueller

kvm1.jpg

Karl von Mueller was a mystery man. His real name was Dean Miller. He sometimes wrote as Deek Gladson. But he mostly called himself Karl.

He began his treasure hunting career in the 1920s, and he was still active well into the 1980s.

Some of his books sell for several hundred dollars nowadays.

This show discusses Karl and gives you some insights from one of his hard-to-find treasure books.

Little personal information is available on Karl, and if you have something to add, please click the Comments button on the blogpage and let us hear from you.

Listen to the show at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

---Dan Hughes, http://treasuremanual.com

One of the saddest thing I ever read was in his ASK EXAMINO ( i think that is correct)...in THE EASTERN WESTERN treasure magazine...I don't remember the question but his answer is starting to prove a little true for me...

He said".... my saber is bent and I don't get around well anymore"...still makes a moist spot in my eye.

fred

Hey Dan... I met KvM at the 1974 PCSC at Balboa near California city. At this time there was a drowsers convention that also happened to meet there. KvM was into drowsing and has written several booklets on it. As you have mentioned his name was Dean Miller and as I best remember he was a technical writer for an aircraft company in southern California. As I best remember the first KvM was a WW-1 German submarine commander. His Granddaughter is alive and well and having some of his books reprinted.

John, one of my listeners found Karl (as Dean) in the Social Security death list. He was born Feb 3, 1915, and he died Jan 27, 1990 - one week shy of his 75th birthday.

Dan, I met Karl and the other treasure hunters in 1973 at the Bob Barnes treasure hunt at the Sheppard Mall in Houston , note the other treasure hunters names in this news letter.

I knew them all. H Glenn Carlson was my neighbor in late years in Deming, NM and sold Karls books., many of the old time tresure hunters have passed on.

Jim Alexander who kindly mentioned my name in this old newsletter was the first man I ever knew who went to Australia to hunt gold.

kvm1.jpg

Karl von Mueller was a mystery man. His real name was Dean Miller. He sometimes wrote as Deek Gladson. But he mostly called himself Karl.

He began his treasure hunting career in the 1920s, and he was still active well into the 1980s.

Some of his books sell for several hundred dollars nowadays.

This show discusses Karl and gives you some insights from one of his hard-to-find treasure books.

Little personal information is available on Karl, and if you have something to add, please click the Comments button on the blogpage and let us hear from you.

Listen to the show at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

---Dan Hughes, http://treasuremanual.com

post-20870-0-18663800-1321098620_thumb.j

I have owned and read a number of Karl's books and they are always a good read, along with a bit of humor interwoven into the text.

I still have one that some of you have probably never heard of, as its fairly hard to find. He wrote it under the Pen Name of Deek Gladson. The copyright was 1971 and he called it: Treasure of the Valley of Secrets.

The book has a section from another book called The Scarlet Shadow which is the story of the Great Colorado Conspiracy. This book, by Walter Hurt was copyright in 1907 and has a bit to do with the treasure.

I might add that this book is now, almost impossible to find.

The Scarlet Shadow is a good read, but may cause you to scratch your head a bit.

Bob T.

• 7 months later...

I had two Karl von Mueller's treasure hunting books, loaned them never got them back but I still remember most of what was written in them. from cash hidden under brass bed post knobs to treasure burried in the hen house, or under that pile of scrap metal in the back yard. I learned a lot from his writings. AzNuggetBob

• 4 weeks later...

:ph34r: hilarious

Mueller had a wonderful way of luring the reader into his mindset

and then imparting his reasons for thinking the way he did.

He seemed to delight in sharing what he had learned from experience.

He was plenty smart in the treasure hunting realm that is for sure.

Lots of down-to-earth advice that works in any age.

Thanks Karl.