Got some yellow!

Hey all:

Well, I finally got over some good gold. smile.gif

Went out and found a wash, drove the ol 4runner up about as far as it would go and started detecting.

God decided to bless me and I started hitting gold!

Found one of the big ones first and then some more small stuff below it. Nice solid chunky stuff.

Using the GPX5000 in fine gold, gain at 15, ground balance tracking.

Only had about 4 hrs to detect before sundown and got most of it then. Went up the next day and found two more small ones.

Hit the rest of the wash again....nothing.

It was all in a area about 30 yrds long. Nothing above it or below it. Just in that one spot.

The big ones are 8 grams ea. Nice size smile.gif

The total was 24.5 for that area. Dern..almost got a oz!

Enjoy.

Tom

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Doh .... :wacko: Whatever you do, Mum's the Word. I just knew it was a matter of time until you hit a great spot. Just goes to show, someone that takes the times, learns the GPX5000 or any metal detector, does some research and hits the field will find gold. Thanks once again for all your buisness and friendship.

Hope you're able to go back and find more in this spot, if not around the general area.

Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming finds.

Rob Allison

Hey Tom, Those are fantastic nuggets. You did very well and it really didnt take that long. I am happy for you. I remember talking on the phone and telling you keep the confidence up, well you did it. Now look at that new ground and study it, learn it, then go out and get some more. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Hey Tom, Those are fantastic nuggets. You did very well and it really didnt take that long. I am happy for you. I remember talking on the phone and telling you keep the confidence up, well you did it. Now look at that new ground and study it, learn it, then go out and get some more. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Thanks Ray:

I apprecitate your help and encoragement.

Im also suprised and thankful on how short of a time it took.

I figured a year or two before I got some decent stuff.

I cant tell you how many times I went out in the past year and came home with nothing. I would just tell myself...next time..Do some research and find a new area. I know its out there because other people are finding it and I can too. Maybe my past experience in the 80s with a dredge helped me to keep it realistic when trying to find gold.

And, as we both know....it may be a few months from now before I find anything else. I got skunked on Sunday :) I just enjoy getting out with my dad and detecting.

Tom

Hi Tom, that is great looking Gold. It looks like it has traveled a long ways or might be glacer Gold. Did you work the area on each side of the wash, if not I would if possible. There is more around, You just have to find out where it is comming from. My two cents. Doug

Hi Doug:

A friend told me that the way the gold is situated and spread out and how it looked that it was likely a vein that erroded away close to that spot.

I guess it can get caught in a crack and just boil along with the gravels and look that way.

There isnt any gold for at least a mile upstream.

Tom

Hi Doug:

A friend told me that the way the gold is situated and spread out and how it looked that it was likely a vein that erroded away close to that spot.

I guess it can get caught in a crack and just boil along with the gravels and look that way.

There isnt any gold for at least a mile upstream.

Tom

Tom, I hope that your friend is wrong, and that you find more Gold there. In the area where the nuggets were found, did you take a sample to see if small gold was present? Best of luck. Doug

Tom, I hope that your friend is wrong, and that you find more Gold there. In the area where the nuggets were found, did you take a sample to see if small gold was present? Best of luck. Doug

Doug:

Yes, I sucked up about a bucket and a half from a couple of spots on the bedrock, even broke the bedrock up. Just some very small stuff and one tiny picker not enough to keep going with the vac.

Ive heard that sometimes its just this way....nuggets and no fines or fines and no nuggets.

This gold thing is a funny business :)

Tom

Doug:

Yes, I sucked up about a bucket and a half from a couple of spots on the bedrock, even broke the bedrock up. Just some very small stuff and one tiny picker not enough to keep going with the vac.

Ive heard that sometimes its just this way....nuggets and no fines or fines and no nuggets.

This gold thing is a funny business :)

Tom

Good Job

Archived