15" WOT

Well I couldn't stand it. I had to try this coil in the field today, WOW! I got a tax token at this spot a couple weeks ago and on my return today, got three more, a wheat penny and a silver tie tack.

Also a whole bunch of clad. It does seem heavy but I am so used to the small coils and being so lite and nimble, I am sure I will get used to it. This thing works great on coins! Pics soon...

Bunk

• 2 months later...

:) I agree with you Bunk, the 15"WOT and a Eureka Gold does a outstanding job at coin shoots! Get yourself a gem scoop, so you dont need to bend over so much, and you can cover some ground. It was really nice meeting you in Quartszite, your enthusiasum and willingness to help other in this hobby is greatly appreciated. You and your beans, are diffinately one of a kind! I am glad to have met you and are looking forward to seeing you again. Hope you are having a great holiday Season.

More Au to you, Robert

post-1084-0-63532800-1323733177_thumb.jp

Hey Bunk. I've been trying to use my Eureka Gold when coin shootin also. One thing for sure, if theres anything around made of aluminun it will be found. My father and I hunted a local park a few days ago I started with the Eureka Gold and found 7 coins vs @40 pieces of alum. of foil wrappers. My father was using the explorer se pro. I have some pre-settings in it and he cleaned up with 26 coins and only a few pieces of junk. I also attempted to use the GPX 4500. I was digging trash every 6" and alot deeper than with the Eureka Gold. I think for now I'll stick to the Explorer and its graph so I dont dig so much trash.

Bill

Robert, Since I learned to hunt the grass in in parks and ball fields, that is where I have been spending most of my time and doing very well. The guy that showed me how to hunt the grass was useing an Explorer, that is also a great machine for weeding out the trash. I have been useing my WOT on a Xterra 705. It is allways my pleasure to help folks out at the outings!

Bill, I know some folks are useing the PI machines for relic hunting back east and over seas with great success but I think it would drive me crazy! Even with the Xterra, copper and alum. can sound like good targets.

Bunk

:) I agree with you Bunk, the 15"WOT and a Eureka Gold does a outstanding job at coin shoots! Get yourself a gem scoop, so you dont need to bend over so much, and you can cover some ground. It was really nice meeting you in Quartszite, your enthusiasum and willingness to help other in this hobby is greatly appreciated. You and your beans, are diffinately one of a kind! I am glad to have met you and are looking forward to seeing you again. Hope you are having a great holiday Season.

More Au to you, Robert

Hello Robert. I am pretty new to detecting and have 2 machines. One is the eureka gold, I try to use it in the parks and I find more aluminum than anything. Do you have any tips for a more productive hunt?

Bill

Hello Capt D,

I dig everything I hear, you just never know what the target may be. :unsure: Example a ring laying flat, or on edge. I use a rare earth magnet to glab the iron-ferrous material. It would be nice to have a meter on a Eureka Gold! Are you listenibg Santa minelab! Beside depending on your hearing, and experienced you may learned the sound of pop tops, gum wrappers, etc... but unless you dig everything, you will never know for sure! Specially in the gold fields.

More Au to you, Robert

I wonder if there is a pin pointer out there that could differentiate between a coin or a pop top? Use the detectors to cover the ground and search, but use a pin pointer to determine if it is a worthwhile target to dig. Like a Falcon is set to really zero in on Gold!

Hello Capt D,

I dig everything I hear, you just never know what the target may be. :unsure: Example a ring laying flat, or on edge. I use a rare earth magnet to glab the iron-ferrous material. It would be nice to have a meter on a Eureka Gold! Are you listenibg Santa minelab! Beside depending on your hearing, and experienced you may learned the sound of pop tops, gum wrappers, etc... but unless you dig everything, you will never know for sure! Specially in the gold fields.

More Au to you, Robert

I wonder if there is a pin pointer out there that could differentiate between a coin or a pop top? Use the detectors to cover the ground and search, but use a pin pointer to determine if it is a worthwhile target to dig. Like a Falcon is set to really zero in on Gold!

Hello Robert. Yes I did everything. I think need to start saving all the stuff and selling it for scrap. It would be neice if there were a pin pointer as you have described. I will continue to use the ML Explorer se Pro in the parks primarily but will also use the Eureka so that I can leard the tones and pitchs. I havnt found a park that I can use the ML 4500 yet. I would just continuously dig, it picks up on something every few inchs. I do have to admit that there is actually something there each time it s just that there is toooo much trash in the parks for that machine.

Bill

• 1 month later...

Well I couldn't stand it. I had to try this coil in the field today, WOW! I got a tax token at this spot a couple weeks ago and on my return today, got three more, a wheat penny and a silver tie tack.

Also a whole bunch of clad. It does seem heavy but I am so used to the small coils and being so lite and nimble, I am sure I will get used to it. This thing works great on coins! Pics soon...

Bunk

Hey Bunk this is congressman over in the panhandle of tx,,,,

i have been using an MXT driller da e let me borrow and it does ok,,,,i have started learning the sounds and settings so i dont dig quite so much foil....bit you know i may miss nickels and rings skipping that stuff

the problem here is that this little town of channing is completely full of wire and other trash,,,i had to really learn the mxt because the noises were driving me crazier...lol..

my question is,,,if you had the money,,,(im going back to work):lol: ----- which detector would you buy for relics,,with a discriminator you could almost trust not to blank out rings and nickels....

paul

Hey Bunk this is congressman over in the panhandle of tx,,,,

i have been using an MXT driller da e let me borrow and it does ok,,,,i have started learning the sounds and settings so i dont dig quite so much foil....bit you know i may miss nickels and rings skipping that stuff

the problem here is that this little town of channing is completely full of wire and other trash,,,i had to really learn the mxt because the noises were driving me crazier...lol..

my question is,,,if you had the money,,,(im going back to work):lol: ----- which detector would you buy for relics,,with a discriminator you could almost trust not to blank out rings and nickels....

paul

Hi Paul. Not to Hi-jack your question for Bunk but I use a ML Explorer se pro. This unit shows targets on a graph or by numbers - ferrus and condutivity- I use it in the parks and have a great time with it. I was using a ML Eureka Gold but foind more foil / alum. than anything else.

Bill

Hi Paul. Not to Hi-jack your question for Bunk but I use a ML Explorer se pro. This unit shows targets on a graph or by numbers - ferrus and condutivity- I use it in the parks and have a great time with it. I was using a ML Eureka Gold but foind more foil / alum. than anything else.

Bill

Thx,,,

there is no doubt the mxt will find it,, maybe i am hoping for something a little more selective,,,,,i will have to learn all this just like i did the gold prosecting ones earlier on....

i started in 1978 witha radio shack Micronata...19.95,,, probably found more stuff with it than anything else

I also have an SE Pro that I am learning but I don't really think that is the machinefor anyone just getting into coin hunting.

I has a pretty steep learning curve. The 705 is very easy to learn and lite enough to swing all day. If you are hunting rings, you will be digging some pop tops and foil as those things fall in the same range as gold rings but a little experience and you can pretty much tell before you dig but you still have to dig it all to be sure. Nice solid target ID numbers are the best targets to concentrate on when you are learning the 705.

Bunk

• 2 weeks later...

Try the 8" round Minelab coil on the Eureka, I have the WOT as well but in parks the 8" is killer. Coins 6-7" all day.

Hi Miner49. Which 8" coil are you referring to? I think I can see a new coil in my future. I'm also considering the WOT.

Bill

• 2 months later...

Hi Bill,

Sorry I didn't catch this posting earlier.....it's the Minelab Goldsearch 800.....with the Eureka I can discriminate

for ferrous iron but dig most other targets....sometimes I can tell it's aluminum.

I also take my gold bug pro and use it for the mineral ID.....I use them because it's what I have....I think there might be an

E-track in my future... :)

Charlie

Thanks Charlie.

I will look into the 800 more. I have been doing the same as you, I have been taking the Explorer se pro with me and going over the same targets that I get with the Eureka. I still have a long way to go learning the tones but Ill get there. I also just purchased a Nugget Finder 17 1/2 elipt. for my Ml 4500.

Bill

I just seen the video posted by Doc. Im sure interested, especially with it being waterproof. But before I can get another expensive detector I would have to get rid of some of the equipment I have.

Bill

I will as well, if the CTX3030 turns out to work as well as it should, I think I'm going to end up with

my GPX4500 and the CTX3030. It should cover everything I need.

Charlie

Yep. That is my thought also. Here on the Gulf coast I can get alot more use from them "water proof PI" than my Eureka Gold. I think it might get sold before I get to really spend time in the Gold bearing soils of Az.

But of course I wand to see and hear alot more about it first.

Bil