Which Coil Would You Recommend

Well, luck has shined its light upon me and I am going to be able to keep my GP3000 after all. I have some money saved up and am looking at picking up a new coil. I did sell my 14" NF XP DD Elliptical, though. I have been looking at the Commander Coils as well as Coiltek Coils. My limit right now is $300, so the big 14" and up monsters are going to be out of my budget. So my main considerations have been the Minelab Commander 8" DD Round or the Minelab Commander 10" DD Elliptical. To be honest I haven't done much research on the Coilteks yet as I have been fighting an AWFUL case of bronchitis.

Any comments or suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

Well, luck has shined its light upon me and I am going to be able to keep my GP3000 after all. I have some money saved up and am looking at picking up a new coil. I did sell my 14" NF XP DD Elliptical, though. I have been looking at the Commander Coils as well as Coiltek Coils. My limit right now is $300, so the big 14" and up monsters are going to be out of my budget. So my main considerations have been the Minelab Commander 8" DD Round or the Minelab Commander 10" DD Elliptical. To be honest I haven't done much research on the Coilteks yet as I have been fighting an AWFUL case of bronchitis.

Any comments or suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

Cris:

I have a 11" round MONO (not DD) that I offered to another guy for 180+shipping but he decided not to get it. Its brand new still in the wrapper. I had to swap mine out as the one that came with the detector I bought was bad.

Im using another coil that I bought.

If you do want this just make sure that it will work with the 3000. Mine is a 5000.

Tom

Chris this is a screaming deal. You won't go wrong with an 11 inch Minelab mono. It was my primary coil until I started carrying Coilteks. I found a lot of gold with that Mono for $180, it is a give away and it will work fine with your machine.

I would take him up on it and save yourself $120 off of you $300 budget.

Doc

Cris:

I have a 11" round MONO (not DD) that I offered to another guy for 180+shipping but he decided not to get it. Its brand new still in the wrapper. I had to swap mine out as the one that came with the detector I bought was bad.

Im using another coil that I bought.

If you do want this just make sure that it will work with the 3000. Mine is a 5000.

Tom

Tom and others, Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have mentioned the coils I do have right now. I have the stock DD 11" coil and a Commander Mono 11" as well. Just looking to expand my coil collection. Weather is finally starting to cool down so I am going to be out detecting quite a bit.

Hi Chris

I have a pre commander 8" mono that is almost brand new. It is made with the litz wire and will work great on the GP 3000. PM me if you would like to find out more. I picked up an 8" commander with my 5000 but you don't need the commander with a GP 3000 and it will work great for small gold on your detector. It worked great on my 4000, great depth for its size. I'll make you a smoking deal.

Keeper Swinging

CH

My vote is for either the 8 inch mono like Lucky says or the little joey....but i bet the joey costs more...check out the mono above with that litz wire!

Archived