Anyone have any good remedies for poison oak?

Nice view at those diggs! You can also try preparing the crushed manzanita leaf, boiled into a thick tea and pasted over the affliction. Google it for more info. Nature sometimes provides the antidote a few steps away from the poison.

OK.... I just got slammed.. I was on the American and saw NO poison oak where I was and where I was digging.. Ok... I did some snorkeling in between.. Went home and blamo.. The worst effin poison oak outbreak I EVER had in my life.. I have lived in Humboldt and Sac and expierienced that horrible plant my whole life.. Snorkeling is making me curious.. tho.. Does Poison Oak oil travel on the water surface..

Im in a bad way guys..

Ugs

Found the yellow tho.. Not while snorkelin tho..

Hi Joe,

The Oralivy is homeopathic too - wonder if they have ingredients in common.

Highlands makes good stuff.

(I just checked the bottle, they both have Rhus Toxicodendron as the main ingredient)

The Oralivy came the other day and my kid who works in the summer clearing hiking trails

in Marin County on the coast has commandeered it, he literally works in it all summer.

Hope all is well

Man, after reading all about that stuff, im glad all we have here in the desert is plants that will poke,stab,grab and cut!:)

Leaves of three....leave them be....

Tom

When I was a kid, I could roll around in it and it didn't bother me. Then when I got in my twenties, I was at one of the local reservoirs and (I'll spare the details) I got it everywhere but the palms of my hands and the bottoms of my feet. Itched like hell. I was working in a frozen foods warehouse at the time, funny thing is, the only time I didn't itch was when I was in the freezer. I know that's not much help (unless you have a freezer handy) but I just thought that I would share that with you.

sourdough

Good Day All, While on the Station Fire a couple of years ago I was exposed to Poison Oak and when I came home to Idaho the outbreak had spread to most of my body, I went to a Dermatalogist and he gave me a steriod shot and the Poison Oak was mostly gone the next day and totaly gone on the 2nd day.. Over the counter and home remedies never seem to work for me........for what its worth..........Idaho Al

next time you go out take some tecnu along with you. It is great for preventing poison ivy and oak. If you shower with it you WONT get either ! I got mine at the local sporting goods store. It is also available at Walmart.

You can get immune to it by eatting it, but! there a catch, it has to be the right time of year. , Try getting some Calagel It comes with a bottle of Tecnu to wash the oil out first, then you put the Calagel on. It will help lots. Get it at your drug store over the counter. Grubstake

Poison Oak and Ivy are edible as are stinging Nettles but you have to boil it three times and change the water between boiling. Personally I would have to be pretty desperate to try it !

I had really really bad poison Oak all over my body when I was a kid. Lots of Calamine and some Cortisone shots. at this late stage of my life It doesn't seem to bother me any more.

I have heard that taking vitamin B will help prevent getting it as well as with bug bites.

I'm with vini, TECNU TECNU TECNU i have the biggest bottle they sell! I used to not turkey hunt because everywhere they are, so is the Poison Oak! Now i carry it with me. In the winter i even get it when it has no leaves left! The Russians developed it for scrubbing the people exposed to nuculear leaks! The trick is getting it applied and shower before breakout, but repeated doses will take care or even the worst rashes. The shower must be hot! Some say it will make it spread, but really if it spreads its on the surface and the tecnu will wash it away then. I know how miserable you must be! sorry!

Archived