There She Stands

Azblackbird- The $3 & $10 comparison may be a little unrealistic. If it were more reasonably a $3 & $5 comparison that's different. If it was a Home Depot I would go with the $3 price.

In my example the owner of the $10 McDonalds hamburger was forced to charge that much because he's paying his college educated cooks $70,000 a year vs. the $3 hamburger owner who is paying his high school cooks $20,000 per year. Same hamburgers, same quality, only thing different is the cost of labor... so where you gonna eat? unsure.gif

Yes AZBlackbird, I did get your point. But my point is that quality is not the same. Educated people somehow, for some reason care more than those that are less educated. Also, your $10 to $3 comparison is unrealistic. Especially when it comes to Mickey D's. All their prices are basically the same. Sorry I'm repeating myself. In our real world $3 compared to a $5 cost hamburger is believeable as a true example.

Also to that friendly argument. If you hire high school employees compared to older adults let's say 40-55 years old. You will find that older people are more responsible and trustworthy. The problem is, like here in Durango, Colorado (college town). The average age is 29. They want younger people that could relate to the public. But in reality they don't care about a companies product or their job, generally speaking. Just keeping it real. Any same chain restaurants need to keep their prices competitive. Simply, using your example, one place charging $10 compared to $3 wouldn't be in business for long, would they?

Any same chain restaurants need to keep their prices competitive. Simply, using your example, one place charging $10 compared to $3 wouldn't be in business for long, would they?

Exactly my point. Which is why many American companies have re-located overseas for the cheaper labor to satisfy the appetites of the cheaper Americans who want to buy cheaper products. We don't have anybody to blame but ourselves!

When it comes to food, you can't compare a McDonalds hamburger to a Ponderosa hamburger. They are not the same hamburger or quality. Unless like I previously mentioned they are the same chain that would meet that requirement.

Probably a better example is. Let's take a bicycle and made up name.

You are looking for a 2011 26" Parker 10 speed racing bicycle. Dark blue with a black leather seat. Fully assembled with air in the racing tires.

Luigi's department store is selling that exact model for $75.

Mario's department store sells the same for $110.

Both stores have them in stock so there is no shipping charges. Both stores are nearby so gasoline is not an issue.

I could care less if the president or pope put that bicycle together. I would definately be buying at Luigi's. Time for a cold one.

I could care less if the president or pope put that bicycle together. I would definately be buying at Luigi's. Time for a cold one.

And now you know why so many jobs have been shipped overseas. 99% of Americans don't care where their products come from or who manufactures them... all they care about is how cheap can they buy it for.

Word of advice to those that are currently employed. If a monkey can do your job, you might want to consider looking for another trade. It's only going to get worse. Obama is a total POS and doesn't have a fricking clue of what it takes to create or keep jobs here in the USA. All he knows is how to be a leech! mad.gif

And why do we care what it costs? Because we are being taxed out of our underwear. We have to pinch every penny. We can't afford, $8 hamburgers. I shop at Ross, and all the cut rate places, or I wait until there is some screaming sale on and I have a coupon. I get a credit card for a store like Macy's and then I cancel it right after I use it one time. Next time I go and have to buy a suit or something pricey, I apply for a new credit card because they give you 20% off when you open a line of credit. The bill comes, I pay it off and cancel the credit card. By daughter needed a business suit for work. She found a suit that was $200, and there was a $50 off sale. I also had a 20% off coupon, and I opened up a line of credit. So $200 less 50% was $100, less 20%, was $80, less another 20% Final price $64.

I have done OK for myself, worked hard, and always saved, but I am really scared where we are headed and I watch my money like a hawk.

But you are so right. If we were more careful about buying products from the U.S. maybe we could start to turn things around. On the other hand, it's really tough to find things made in the U.S. anymore.

Do you realize you can't get out of bed in the morning without being taxed? Let's see, I get up and brush my teeth, WHOOPS had to pay sales tax on the tooth paste, the toothbrush. Have to pay tax on the water that is running down the drain, and the electricity to burn the light to see what I am doing. Then I take my cholesterol and blood pressure pills which had a sales tax put on them. Wipe my ass with toilet paper, more sales tax, flush the toilet, oh oh, sewer tax.

Literally there is not a minute of any day awake or asleep that the government doesn't have their hand in your pocket.

PROPERTY TAX. The gift that keeps on giving. You work your ass off and after 20 -30 years you pay your mortgage off. But you still have to pay property tax FOREVER!

This year I challenged my property tax and said, show me one house that is comparable to mine that sold for as much as you say my home is worth. They dropped the appraisal $125,000 and saved me $1200 a year.

Quick someone take my blood pressure again.

Doc

And now you know why so many jobs have been shipped overseas. 99% of Americans don't care where their products come from or who manufactures them... all they care about is how cheap can they buy it for.

Word of advice to those that are currently employed. If a monkey can do your job, you might want to consider looking for another trade. It's only going to get worse. Obama is a total POS and doesn't have a fricking clue of what it takes to create or keep jobs here in the USA. All he knows is how to be a leech! mad.gif

http://www.gettysburgflag.com/LapelPins.php

Took about 30 seconds. Hope this helps. It was cool to find the patriotic goodies in the order, until I saw the made in China. Kind of ruined the whole thing.

It is definitely getting very difficult to find goods made is the USA, sometimes impossible. Do I have things not made in the USA? Yes. But I make conscious effort with every purchase. If I can't afford it, I will wait until I can. That's better than paying for something twice when you have to replace Chinese junk. I do not shop at Walmart. Main reason is because I don't agree with their labor practices. They make billions and you and I pay for their employees benefits. They have very few employees that actually get enough hours to qualify for benefits. They do this on purpose. So we end up paying through our taxes. Pretty sweet deal for them, not so sweet for us. The second reason is its all almost all if not 100% imported crap.

Enough of this. I'm going prospecting.

Kenny

Boy this thread changes alot. We went from two American stores making American hamburgers to products made overseas. Well, I guess I'm guilty with that too. We do need more American goods. Maybe when they start opening our federal lands more for exploration and start bringing wealth back into our country, jobs, companies striving, economy growing all here in the USA. Anybody find any American gold found here in the USA? All found by using American labor? (us)

On the other hand, it's really tough to find things made in the U.S. anymore.

Here we have China buying our Congress to make our jobs go to them and they been good at it as we see. The Rep have some good idea to being those jobs back. And we need to do something where the lobbyist is outlawed in the US. If really look at it the lobbyist is running our country and not Congress.

SORRY! Not what I asked for. I said find me CLOISONNE pins made in the U.S. These are not Cloisonne. Cloisonne pins are the finest type of pins made and they are done by hand.

These are screen printed pins with a clear epoxy on top. Basically they are cheap crap. Not only are they cheap crap they are EXPENSIVE cheap crap.

Thanks for the effort.

Doc

http://www.gettysburgflag.com/LapelPins.php

Took about 30 seconds. Hope this helps. It was cool to find the patriotic goodies in the order, until I saw the made in China. Kind of ruined the whole thing.

It is definitely getting very difficult to find goods made is the USA, sometimes impossible. Do I have things not made in the USA? Yes. But I make conscious effort with every purchase. If I can't afford it, I will wait until I can. That's better than paying for something twice when you have to replace Chinese junk. I do not shop at Walmart. Main reason is because I don't agree with their labor practices. They make billions and you and I pay for their employees benefits. They have very few employees that actually get enough hours to qualify for benefits. They do this on purpose. So we end up paying through our taxes. Pretty sweet deal for them, not so sweet for us. The second reason is its all almost all if not 100% imported crap.

Enough of this. I'm going prospecting.

Kenny

God is not an American, so he's not on our side in all we do.

We have to determine if our actions around the world are righteous and we'll be held accountable for them.

Think I failed that ethics test applying at the phone company, Doc.

Oh well - I was happier as an independent ;)

Archived