Gold Nuggets

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has some info about nuggets that isn't even coming up as 10k. I bought some on ebay from Oregon. I'm in shock it looks like good gold. I got a really good deal but not sure now. I think I could sale them on ebay and at lease get my money back but not sure if I would want to do that. I should be able to get my money back from the guy but wondering what you guys that deal with nugget think. So I don't know if I should keep them or not. thanks

doesn't sound good. got any pics?possible that they are man made ?how are you testing them? if its all that way i would file dispute if the seller didnt make it right,there is always the possibillity he didnt know in which case he should be willing to work something out. if he is not paypal should refund your money no problem.

I mined a lot of gold and it looks like anything I mined. I don't see that they could be man made. I think I recall that Oregon gold has a lot of copper so I guess these do. I did a 10k acid test. I wanted them to make some jewelry but if they were ever tested it would show it wasn't 10k. I guess I'll have to return them.

The guy has some more on sale here's the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oregon-gold-nuggets-11-2-grams-total-/110736608117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c86a8b75

ive seen this guys auctions for some time now he sells all that gold leaf in vials and bags and was listing it as real gold .dont know if he still is,i didnt look but i remember seeing it and some bad feedback and i seen the nugget listings start a while back and the fuzzy picks.the gold all looks very smooth which is not unusual in except that i noticed all he has listed and sold has looked the same.it just didnt look right to me.there was to many lots that look all the same not any changes in any that he has listed that i saw.looks fake to me but i am use to gold from dry regions and never seen any oregon gold.also its all bigger nuggets never any fines. my opinion then and now is he is a scammer if i were you id call him out on it and see what his story is.and get your money back for sure,dont keep it.good luck i am sure you can get your money back if you used paypal

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has some info about nuggets that isn't even coming up as 10k. I bought some on ebay from Oregon. I'm in shock it looks like good gold. I got a really good deal but not sure now. I think I could sale them on ebay and at lease get my money back but not sure if I would want to do that. I should be able to get my money back from the guy but wondering what you guys that deal with nugget think. So I don't know if I should keep them or not. thanks

You can make nuggets by smelting gold and dropping it in water. They look just like nuggets without dirt and minerals on it. My inlaws used to do this all the time for jewerly. They didnt alloy it though.

These could have been made that way but alloyed. Throw them into some iron filings, wet, let them sit a while and whala! Dirty nugget.

The nuggets hes selling do look pretty smooth for rolling around in a creek.

Are there any small rocks stuck in them?

Also noticed the oregon nugs look just like the Cali nugs????

Really hope this is not the case here........

That gold leaf he was selling looks like circuit board gold. It comes off with acid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_plating#Electronics

If all the other metals, copper,nickel were smelted with the gold.....it would be a lot lower grade.

Tom H.

You can make nuggets by smelting gold and dropping it in water. They look just like nuggets without dirt and minerals on it. My inlaws used to do this all the time for jewerly. They didnt alloy it though.

These could have been made that way but alloyed. Throw them into some iron filings, wet, let them sit a while and whala! Dirty nugget.

The nuggets hes selling do look pretty smooth for rolling around in a creek.

Are there any small rocks stuck in them?

Also noticed the oregon nugs look just like the Cali nugs????

Really hope this is not the case here........

That gold leaf he was selling looks like circuit board gold. It comes off with acid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_plating#Electronics

If all the other metals, copper,nickel were smelted with the gold.....it would be a lot lower grade.

Tom H.

He's going to refund me. I have some pic I'll get on later. I've made lots of gold nugget but this looks like gold I would dredge. There mostly smooth some look like a nugget that just started getting smashed. There is some rocks and a gray matter in a lot of it. If he made them he's good and making some money. To bad I'd like to let you all see them but maybe some pic will do.

Archived