Cool Rock or Something More???

I find this piece out detecting this weekend. It made a nice super soft and sweat sound in the headphones. It was only about an inch or two below the surface on a hill. Not too many rocks sound off on the 5000 and when I unearthed it I was excited not only to see such a cool looking rock but in a deep pocket in the quartz on one side I thought I saw some color! I humped back over to my buddies swinging Erueka Golds and in the process of hopping a barbed wire fence alot of the dirt in the hole fell out when I dropped the rock. :o

It would still sing just a little on the VLF machines but nothing on my GPX. I threw it in the Jeep and forgot about it till tonight.

Here it is and I think it is a cool rock and just might have a little gold in it, but I can't really say for for sure. What do you guys think about it. Maybe my kids right and it's a dinosaur tooth fossil!! :D

I'm not really sure if I should try to clean it or just leave it alone?

CoolRock2001800x600.jpg

CoolRock070800x600.jpg

CoolRock073800x600.jpg

CoolRock074800x600.jpg

That is a bizarre looking rock that's for sure. I would not be in a hurry to crush it. I dont think is a fossil or anything like that, maybe just a host quartz with gold. If so obviously keep your eye out for that kind of rock. Wish I could say more. Guido

I find this piece out detecting this weekend. It made a nice super soft and sweat sound in the headphones. It was only about an inch or two below the surface on a hill. Not too many rocks sound off on the 5000 and when I unearthed it I was excited not only to see such a cool looking rock but in a deep pocket in the quartz on one side I thought I saw some color! I humped back over to my buddies swinging Erueka Golds and in the process of hopping a barbed wire fence alot of the dirt in the hole fell out when I dropped the rock. :o

It would still sing just a little on the VLF machines but nothing on my GPX. I threw it in the Jeep and forgot about it till tonight.

Here it is and I think it is a cool rock and just might have a little gold in it, but I can't really say for for sure. What do you guys think about it. Maybe my kids right and it's a dinosaur tooth fossil!! :D

I'm not really sure if I should try to clean it or just leave it alone?

CoolRock2001800x600.jpg

CoolRock070800x600.jpg

CoolRock073800x600.jpg

CoolRock074800x600.jpg

Probably a dinosaur running claw that got stuck in a now petrified peice of wood. :)

Think I would have some kind of geologist check it out before I did any crushing to it. It might be worth more just to have around and wonder what it is!

Tom

Archived