Dog days of Az. summer

Well.........it looks like the dog days of Arizona summer are here.

High humidity, hot during the day and doesnt cool off much at night.

Been out here since 65 and have learned to deal with it in various ways. Still irritates me for a couple of months though.

For me........Stay out of the desert.

Go up to Prescott or Flag.

Drink lots of cool stuff.

SLOWWWWWWWWW down.

Soak my T shirt with water (mini evap.)

Work on projects in the shop where its only 90 deg. with 70% humidity.

Right now im working on..

The Quad

Chrome plating

Researching where to go when it cools off

Looking into making a small trommel (like the Mountain Goat)for my dad. Anyone got one for sale?

Cleaning up all the junk from the more productive months

Figuring out different ways to make camping out more efficient.IE shade, shower,Ect...

Dreaming about October!!!!

What are you all doing out there?

Taker easy...stay cool

P.S. I just saw a bird pulling a worm out of the ground....he was using potholders to grab it! :P

Tom

Yup - I'm working on a trailer to haul all my stuff behind the Jeep in the shop.

But I will say the flash floods that the monsoons bring also bring new potential finds. I headed out the weekend to a gold bearing area hit hard by some flash floods yesterday. Might be worth it.

I feel bad for you guy's up there in Pheonix It's hot but these are not the Dog days they come in August and September we still get some releif form the rains We have not been over a hundred this week in in the gold fields it is cooler. I think it is a state of mind (don't hide)get out there drink lots of water and hope for a wind

I will miss the begining of it this years wet season we are headed for Medesto Califorinia Should get some hunting in there

Don't put off what you could do today for tomorrow may never come

fishing

Sure Kelly,

My point was for everyone is that even though I can't prospect due to snow. Then the monsoon rains to come later in the day, I still make time for fun.

Today I filled her up and cruised Main St. Tomorrow I will wash her take pics and post. Then back in the garage and covered for Saturdays show in Farmington, NM.

It's a 1930 Model A chopped and channeled Rat/hot rod. With a 1967 Vette 327 rebuilt and bored out with a Clay Smith cam. Edelbrock performer manifold with Edelbrock performer 4 barrel 600 CFM carb. Converted to electronic ignition with flamethrower distributor and coil. Flowmaster 40's, P/W and A/C. Turbo 350 tranny, front disc brakes, electric thermostat fan, ladder bars, tie rods, boxed in frame, hot rod black paint, etc., etc., etc.

I call her "Bandit" but everyone who sees her, stops dead in their tracks and calls her "Bitchin".

Stay cool--Jim

Sure Kelly,

My point was for everyone is that even though I can't prospect due to snow. Then the monsoon rains to come later in the day, I still make time for fun.

Today I filled her up and cruised Main St. Tomorrow I will wash her take pics and post. Then back in the garage and covered for Saturdays show in Farmington, NM.

It's a 1930 Model A chopped and channeled Rat/hot rod. With a 1967 Vette 327 rebuilt and bored out with a Clay Smith cam. Edelbrock performer manifold with Edelbrock performer 4 barrel 600 CFM carb. Converted to electronic ignition with flamethrower distributor and coil. Flowmaster 40's, P/W and A/C. Turbo 350 tranny, front disc brakes, electric thermostat fan, ladder bars, tie rods, boxed in frame, hot rod black paint, etc., etc., etc.

I call her "Bandit" but everyone who sees her, stops dead in their tracks and calls her "Bitchin".

Stay cool--Jim

Cool beans Jim!

Im into old cars also...

Heres a link if anyone is bored and wants to see them.

Its at the bottom of the page.

Tom

http://members.cox.net/oldies1955/web/haltmeyers_page.htm

Kelly & Tommy

I checked out your site. Your rides are beautiful man. Feels good doesn't it, accomplishing and restoring a time machine. No matter how much gas they burn they are still considered "green". Being recycled over decades and reused over and over again. As they said in the fifties "I dig it" (before my time).

I forgot I took a pic of Bandit at a local car show on July 4th. She's the one in all black with green pinstripping. Next to the orange Anglia. I'm also a member of "Southwest street rodders, Durango, Colorado. No rules, no dues, everyone is the president. Just to enjoy our rods. Hope the pic comes through.

Jimmy

post-35236-0-39199500-1310595895_thumb.j

Kelly & Tommy

I checked out your site. Your rides are beautiful man. Feels good doesn't it, accomplishing and restoring a time machine. No matter how much gas they burn they are still considered "green". Being recycled over decades and reused over and over again. As they said in the fifties "I dig it" (before my time).

I forgot I took a pic of Bandit at a local car show on July 4th. She's the one in all black with green pinstripping. Next to the orange Anglia. I'm also a member of "Southwest street rodders, Durango, Colorado. No rules, no dues, everyone is the president. Just to enjoy our rods. Hope the pic comes through.

Jimmy

Now that is cool! :)

Very nice ride. And, you did it yourself. :)Theres a lot of satisfaction when people ask you...who did this or that...and you say ME! Not many of us left around these days.

I did sell my 48 Buick though. :( relized....I dont have enough days left in me to get all my projects done. So, I had to weed some of them out.

Donno how green I am though. The poncho has a 430 ci. at 10:50 comp. 4:11 gears..big 4 barrel....she gets up and goes...fast! Build up the torque and let it fly! :)

Looks like a sleeper though.

The Dodge is going to be a cruiser...stock 318, with a mild rear end.

I do like building them.

Taker easy and enjoy!

Tom

Archived