I WAS going to go out this weekend.

Been planning for a couple of weeks to go out this weekend detecting.

Guess thats not going to happen. Looking at the forcast its suppose to be 115 deg on Sat.

Ive been in Az. long enough to know once it gets above 110.....take it easy!

Oh well, guess I can do what the guys up north do when they are snowed in...research.

Next month or two are going to be rough with the monsoons/humidity/heat. Be careful out there.

Just itching to get out and play.

Taker easy all

Tom

I was toying about going to Wickenburg/Constellation area this Fri/Sat driving from Vegas...But at 106 with little cloud cover I dont think that will happen now. Man had four days off too.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Are you saying if told you where you could get a couple of nuggets you wouldn't go this weekend? :o Hehe ....

I think I'm going to give this weekend a run, but I know it will be hot as hell. It will be worth it if I can get my coil over a couple of nuggets and camp out.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Tom,

Are you saying if told you where you could get a couple of nuggets you wouldn't go this weekend? :o Hehe ....

I think I'm going to give this weekend a run, but I know it will be hot as hell. It will be worth it if I can get my coil over a couple of nuggets and camp out.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob:

Actually after thinking about it im heading up to the spot we talked about around prescott. Will only be 94 up there.

Have a kid here at work that's new to detecting and is itching to go somewhere that a 2wd car cant.

Ill hit the main creek with the 5000 and get him going in some tribs with bedrock.

It will be fun and cooler. I know he will have fun.

Hope you find some nuggets.....cuz your gonna sweat for them! :)

Tom

I'm still waiting for the snow to melt in the high Colorado mountains. 4X4 roads will probably be closed up to August into September. We all have our issues. But it is nice and cool up there.

OH sure......torture us with snow :)

Ive got to look in the back of my freezer to see anything that resembles snow!

Even though it gets pretty hot/humid (july,aug.) here for a few months, we pretty much have year round hunting. At least for gold.

I guess the snow only gives you about half a year to dig?

Tom

oldies1955/Tom,

Good luck up there at Prescott.

I to live in Peoria & don't go out in the high temps either, even the mornings are getting hot now. The plus is if we did'nt have the high temps we would be overwhelmed by tree huggers from Kalifornia. :lol:

wonderer

I will be heading up to the RRPC claims along Senator Hwy, and Turkey Creek. Just pick up my 5000 from Rob's last Sunday, :) itching to get out and start swinging my new toy! Stepping up from a Eureka Gold.

More Au to you, Robert

I will be heading up to the RRPC claims along Senator Hwy, and Turkey Creek. Just pick up my 5000 from Rob's last Sunday, :) itching to get out and start swinging my new toy! Stepping up from a Eureka Gold.

More Au to you, Robert

Robert:

Well, its a good area. Do you have some basic set up settings for the 5000? If not I can give you some.

Its confusing at first...and second...:) I'm slowly learning it. Robs helped me out a lot.

GL up there.

P.S. I think we met at Robs?

Tom

Tom- You just made my point. In AZ you can prospect year round. Here in the high mountains, prospecting 12,600-13,600 feet you are lucky to get two months (not six) of prospecting due to access. When I'm in Az I'm out there at the crack of dawn prospecting before the high heat sets in.

Some people don't know how good they have it. Appreciate and enjoy life.

Jim

Plus don't forget it's a dry heat. Four month's ago it rained here in western Mesa. Yesterday it rained for 4 min. I just happened to be naked and ran out the back door and danced in the rain. My wife joined me in her undies. Two from the NE gone mad. Then again it's only 115 and a dry heat! If you go out be safe and ready for the things that go bad.

Plus don't forget it's a dry heat. Four month's ago it rained here in western Mesa. Yesterday it rained for 4 min. I just happened to be naked and ran out the back door and danced in the rain. My wife joined me in her undies. Two from the NE gone mad. Then again it's only 115 and a dry heat! If you go out be safe and ready for the things that go bad.

Ewwwwww....

Thank God I live in Peoria!!! ;)

• Admin

Hey Guys,

They are talking as high as 117 degrees this weekend. :( Regardless, I will be out there seeing what I can turn up. :wacko:

Tom - Yes, you met Robert at my house last week when he picked up his new GPX5000. When you left, another customer came over to also get a GPX5000 & X-Terra 705 Gold Edition. This customer was very interesting to talk with. He is a retired Geologist that spent 30 years traveling around the World exploring for gold deposits. He said he wished he has time to detect during those years, but he said he was too busy traveling and working to play much.

P.S. Good friend found a nice nugget right before he seen a claim marker that indicated the signs of "you know who!" recently :o

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Be careful Rob,

Remember last year???

Stay off the sodas...lol

paul

Man, it got hot up a rye patch last weekend,,, it was 54 at night and all the way up to 91 around 200pm...whew,,,,, hahhaha

Hey Guys,

They are talking as high as 117 degrees this weekend. :( Regardless, I will be out there seeing what I can turn up. :wacko:

Tom - Yes, you met Robert at my house last week when he picked up his new GPX5000. When you left, another customer came over to also get a GPX5000 & X-Terra 705 Gold Edition. This customer was very interesting to talk with. He is a retired Geologist that spent 30 years traveling around the World exploring for gold deposits. He said he wished he has time to detect during those years, but he said he was too busy traveling and working to play much.

P.S. Good friend found a nice nugget right before he seen a claim marker that indicated the signs of "you know who!" recently :o

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Guys,

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob:

Hope you find a lot of yellow this weekend. :) Drink lots of water!!!!!

Im going a little higher up.

Taking a guy from work thats just getting started. I found a nice gulch with a mine above it and a beautiful dry creek below it. Got the ol gas vacuum all primed and ready to go.

Were gonna have fun either way. :)

GL on Sat.

Tom

Be careful Rob,

Remember last year???

Stay off the sodas...lol

paul

Man, it got hot up a rye patch last weekend,,, it was 54 at night and all the way up to 91 around 200pm...whew,,,,, hahhaha

91?

Thats dern neer snowing???

:)

Tom

Tom and Rob,

Thank you for the info's already given to me to get started. I been reading the manual and searching out videos all week. I started tanking up on liquids yesterday... (1) 32oz sport drink (zero calories) to (2) 32oz of water... didn't get much sleep last night but the kidneys are working good. Today the same routine, drinking more water and I will bring at least a 24 pk with me when I go out, along with about 15 gal of water in water container. I worry more about traffic, than being out in the heat. Good luck to all, stay safe out there, and if you are traveling drive defenseively!

More Au to you, Robert :(

Archived