Advice Needed

Hi, all members. I really appreciate any advice or Info given to me. I actually starter prospector.I am planning on purchasing a detector but my options are limited by a tight budget.Please can you tell me which detector has best value of money+good nugget shooting capabilities+battery live .One of my friends came recently from the fields and said there is more gold to be found but needs the right equipment and know-how to operate.We are planning on a trip to the fields but the lack of owned detector (not rented or borrowed) hinders our efforts.Searching here on the forum is informative but I like more info about what type -of detector- is suitable for my needs.I am from Sudan and watched Doc's videos about his trip there.I think one of the first areas I am planning to cover is heavily mineralized with iron and quartz. I 'll post photos when I arrive there, so you could help identifying those kinds of rocks (please bear with me as I am not a professional geologist- though my nick name is Geo cause I love Planet Earth ^_^ )

Hi, all members. I really appreciate any advice or Info given to me. I actually starter prospector.I am planning on purchasing a detector but my options are limited by a tight budget.Please can you tell me which detector has best value of money+good nugget shooting capabilities+battery live .One of my friends came recently from the fields and said there is more gold to be found but needs the right equipment and know-how to operate.We are planning on a trip to the fields but the lack of owned detector (not rented or borrowed) hinders our efforts.Searching here on the forum is informative but I like more info about what type -of detector- is suitable for my needs.I am from Sudan and watched Doc's videos about his trip there.I think one of the first areas I am planning to cover is heavily mineralized with iron and quartz. I 'll post photos when I arrive there, so you could help identifying those kinds of rocks (please bear with me as I am not a professional geologist- though my nick name is Geo cause I love Planet Earth ^_^ )

you should get the gpx5000...and a small 4x4 tractor with a box scraper...and you should be good to go...good luck

GEO,

Get an Xterra 705 Gold with an additional 10.5 inch round DD 18.75 kHz coil.

This will cost you %$700 for the detector which comes with a 5 X 10 gold coil, and the lager coil will be $175.

The ground in Sudan is not that severe and that machine will do fantastic.

The other thing is the machine runs on AA alkaline batteries (4 of them) so it does not cost a fortune in weird batteries. A set of batteries will last you about 4 days.

You will find gold with this machine. I found gold with this machine the first time I used it.

You know how well detectorists have done with the Teknetics detector in Sudan and it isn't even a gold detector. The Xterra will blow a Teknetics away.

I know you will be very happy with this choice.

Take care!

Doc

you should get the gpx5000...and a small 4x4 tractor with a box scraper...and you should be good to go...good luck

Hi bill, my budget is limited, so gpx5000 would be out of range for me.As for the tractor and the scraper thats a good point.I can arrange that.

Thanks very much.

peace for you and your family.

GEO,

Get an Xterra 705 Gold with an additional 10.5 inch round DD 18.75 kHz coil.

This will cost you %$700 for the detector which comes with a 5 X 10 gold coil, and the lager coil will be $175.

The ground in Sudan is not that severe and that machine will do fantastic.

The other thing is the machine runs on AA alkaline batteries (4 of them) so it does not cost a fortune in weird batteries. A set of batteries will last you about 4 days.

You will find gold with this machine. I found gold with this machine the first time I used it.

You know how well detectorists have done with the Teknetics detector in Sudan and it isn't even a gold detector. The Xterra will blow a Teknetics away.

I know you will be very happy with this choice.

Take care!

Doc

Hi Doc, and good to hear from you.

That's exactly whats came to my mind when I did my research.I think there is a Minelab's dealer in the region; in the U.A.E.

Take a look here : Minelab X-Terra 705 Metal Detector.There's many others but this is an example.They sell it around (815.52 US).Do you think it's highly priced ? I know this business is booming and expect some fluctuation in price rates. I think you now know better that the Sudanese prospectors here does not have much experience, so they chose detectors according to trial and error method, or hearing someone found some gold nuggets with a model then all of them rush to grab a similar one asab ! Knowledge is power. I decided not to follow their method.Thats why I ask here in the forum for advice.

Now some prospectors are even seeking other methods to find gold - not just handheld metal detectors- they try now Radar or Laser 3 D probing devices (the kinds used usually by archeologists and the like).The government is huge now on Mineral resources in general and gold specifically.Selling licenses to foreign companies of large areas :( .Still there's more gold to be found in the Sudan as you stated in one of your videos.

please let me know if i left something important to consider it.

Thanks.

Live in peace you and your family.

I found a dealer here in Sudan.I am currently waiting for more info details from them.

Is the rechargeable batteries necessary in my case ? will it cost more or the disposable ones?

There is a hot rock area I am intending to cover.They used to take rock from it to build roads and bridges.Also the area used

to be a shooting range for the military - training area - so I expect alot of metal junk - ammunition e.t.c. Does that pose any problems in detecting ?

Archived