Satisfaction with purchase

I may be posting this in the wrong portion of the forum, however I would like opinions.

How many of you have made a purchase from the Gold Prospectors Supply Company out of Florida, and have received less than satisfactory results, namely, orders made, money deducted from you account, but product received weeks later?:angry2:

I may be posting this in the wrong portion of the forum, however I would like opinions.

How many of you have made a purchase from the Gold Prospectors Supply Company out of Florida, and have received less than satisfactory results, namely, orders made, money deducted from you account, but product received weeks later?:angry2:

Is this the place the bbb gives a C+ rating ?

I had a similar problem not with the company you dealt with but one in Arizona (which I have posted about previously). After further consideration I have decided they most likely have too much business to keep up with the orders, with everyone gearing up for this spring, summer and fall. Anyway I have decided to help them by not ordering anything else from them, maybe they can catch up. I did need more stuff but decided to try another vendor.

After many emails (no phone # for customer service) I have obtained a refund. I talked to the BBB in FL, and the reason they only have a C+ rating is they haven't provided the necessary information. To file a complaint using BBB's website is pretty daunting, but it's the only business such as this will straighten up. To boot, they take your money, then place an order with a company that has the item, receive it, then ship it to you, making one think they are dealing straight with a dealer, which sadly wasn't the case. I have learned my lesson and will only deal with prospecting websites in the west. Remember Gold Prospectors Supply Company isn't a company you want to deal with!

h20

• Admin

Hey H20prospector,

It's a shame that you had that type of experience with a prospecting shop. I think you will have much better luck with a small "Mom & Pop" type shop that is willing to spend the time on the phone, maybe field instructions and unlimited support beyond the sale.

I'm just a small Mom & Pop type shop, but I give 110% to the customers. Doing this over the last 10 years have placed me within the top 5 Minelab partners/dealers within the US. Not too shabby for someone that don't really do any form of true advertising other then my website and forums.

Many might feel the smaller dealers might be "fly by night" businesses, but that is not the case for most of us. We provide the best training and support.

With the larger mail order companies, you get to talk with a guy that has no experience and never has used a metal detector.

Just my thoughts,

Rob Allison

Archived