SD2200V2

H2O , I wouldnt doubt it if JP still had a 2200D somewhere in his arsenal. I find gold frequently with mine.... Its a fine machine. Doug Stone has a video on the 2200D that is on MLOTV. The 2200D is the same machine essentially as the 2200V2 so the instructions apply to both.

H2O , I wouldnt doubt it if JP still had a 2200D somewhere in his arsenal. I find gold frequently with mine.... Its a fine machine. Doug Stone has a video on the 2200D that is on MLOTV. The 2200D is the same machine essentially as the 2200V2 so the instructions apply to both.

Thanks. I've watched the video with Douge Stone on MLOTV 5 to 6 times on the 2200D, and other than the unit being OD green, a straight shaft with a Gold Button, which I finally figured out is a way to switch from fixed to tracking or vice versa, it has all the buttons, switches, etc., I've got. I have added the upper straight shaft and a GB, as I had a mod done so I could use the GB. I just need to get out and get used to it. Only problem is the gold here in Colorado is mainly in the rivers and dredging is about the only way to get it. I've used my Gold Bug 2 in the cobble and tailing piles with fair success, and the GB2 is a lot easier to ground balance, but that just my take on the two detectors. Hopefully having both will give me a little edge. Didn't you do a post about a year ago about getting a used Coiltek coil, DD Pro Elite I believe. I still haven't seen one for sale.

h20

Yes I am the one with the DD Pro Elite. With the Gold Bug II and a 2200V2 you should be able to handle any situation.

The Gold button is nice to have if you put a straight upper shaft on the 2200. Thanks to Guido on the forums I modded mine to a GPX tracking button.

Yes I am the one with the DD Pro Elite. With the Gold Bug II and a 2200V2 you should be able to handle any situation.

The Gold button is nice to have if you put a straight upper shaft on the 2200. Thanks to Guido on the forums I modded mine to a GPX tracking button.

Thanks for the kind words Adam! Glad it all worked out for you. And hello H2o prospector! I still have some extra smart points pre-wired up...If anyone needs one and KNOWS HOW TO INSTALL and don't mine drilling into the control box please ask away. Can't wait to get back and do some swing time! I asked for some time off when I get Stateside! Should be back on or about one month...Guido

Thanks for the kind words Adam! Glad it all worked out for you. And hello H2o prospector! I still have some extra smart points pre-wired up...If anyone needs one and KNOWS HOW TO INSTALL and don't mine drilling into the control box please ask away. Can't wait to get back and do some swing time! I asked for some time off when I get Stateside! Should be back on or about one month...Guido

Adam and I had the same mod? I got the GPX button and staight upper shaft from Rob's place is AZ, so we should essentially have the same units, especially if I happen to find a used DD Pro Elite coil. I just need to get out more and use it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All,

The Gold Button is great, but I sold my last one in stock. Been talking with the Distributor on them, not sure when any will be available. I will keep everyone updated when I know there are more available for sale.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Sorry Rob, I forgot to answer your email...

I did one by myself, but if you have another example, please, let me know.

All the best.

Ale

Archived