24K gold hunters open again???

I talked with Elly last week and she confirmed the club is starting back up but that she won't be involved in it, directly...Two other guys will be running it, but I'll let them announce whatever and whenever it suits them...She has told a number of people that the former members will be getting some type of compensation for the short season....Most of the claims are different from the old 24K club and a good distance away from Rich Hill...On Friday a whole bunch of guys were out working them with drywashers, etc. ... I don't know how they did...Cheers, Unc

• Admin

Hello All,

I ran into a couple of guys last weekend during field instructions that mentioned the same thing. They showed me the claims, and many of them were new ones with some older 24 Karat claims included. It's always great to have more clubs available, so I'm all for it. Sure wish Elly would get back the Devil's Nest claims.

I've heard Lou is running or helping Elly out on this.

Feel free to keep us all updated if anyone else knows or hears anymore.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Hammer,

Last weekend I was up at Rich Hill and there are several guys saying the same thing. I must say Elly is a great Lady, but the way things happened so quickly upsetted a lot of previous members. I've heard (just rumors), that if you were a member before, you will also be a member of this club for the amount of time you still had left with your original 24 Karat Gold Hunters Membership. Like I said, this is just what I heard, everyone will have to check it out themselves to be sure.

Clubs are a great way to start, but even myself having 20 years experience behind me, I'm a member of a several clubs such as Roadrunners Propsecting Club, GPAA & Weaver Mining.

Please keep this thread going if anyone finds out anything.

Thanks,

Rob Allison

Rob & All...Elly told me directly that those with memberships will get the balance of their membership time in the revised club...Lou R. and a guy who owns a prospecting shop in Oregon are basically leasing the 24 K claims that didn't get sold or traded ... At this time none of the claims are on Rich Hill but that could change after some core drilling activities are completed ... However, the Devil's Nest claims will not be available since they are owned by someone else now ... 28 of the new claims are in the Scenic Loop area, north of Wickenburg and about 6 miles south of Stanton... When I can get together with Elly, I will offer some custom maps of the 24K club claims...Cheers, Unc

I talked to Lou on the phone and he said Elly was getting the list of previous members together, so it sounds encouraging. Without the Devils Nest claims I'm not too sure how excited I should get, but it is still better than what I have gotten for my money the last couple of years.

Bill

Yo Rob...Well I do have to say that I've found a very limited number of small nuggets in that area since they are so close to my home...It surprised me but I happened to spy a bit of old timer workings....Didn't make gas money on them but that's not to say there's not a bit of potential...My honest feeling is that if you can find a concentrated red gully there's a chance...I do know of a placer drift that looks like a snake farm but obviously the old timers went in on...I just found a bunch of old nails, but somebody a long time ago spent a bunch of energy tunneling in...All in all I spent a week of intense prospecting and beeping for less than $100 gold...Cheers, Unc

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Lou here. I have leased Elly's remaining claims. Only two of them were part of the original 24K. I chose to start a new club and not revive the 24K as there is much controversy and I was not involved.

I am going to go through the old 24K database with an eye to compensating Elly's old members to some degree as I think it will help to build good will and build the American Prospectors Club. Over the next couple of weeks I hope to have this done.

It is only me. I do rely on input from my friend from Oregon, but I am a sole proprietor.

During the recent GPAA chapter outing in Congress I invited the folks out to the scenic Loop claims. Everyone who drywashed found gold. Small nuggets can be found in that area also. Much of the area is not accessible directly by roads, but, hiking through there I found frequent old signs of workings.

Feel free to contact me directly. My phone number and a Contact form are on the website. http://americanprospectors.com

Happy hunting,

Lou

..Feel free to contact me directly. My phone number and a Contact form are on the website. http://americanprospectors.com

Happy hunting,

Lou

Just want to say that I have sent Lou my membership fee, as well as one for my Chief Prospecting Instructor at the AGA school. I am excited to have more claims to explore, and it will be nice to get back out on a couple of the old "JB" claims! Looking forward to some great get-together's and coin-shoots. Good Luck Lou! - Terry, Former 24K member

I just signed up too. Lou was also a 24K member.

Rob, Lou says hi. His account for the claims was that he "The JB claims have produced small nuggets. The largest I have heard of there

is about quarter ounce. The Scenic Loop area has occasional smaller nuggets.". I think those who have been there will pretty much agree.

So off to JB we go!!

He gave me some credit for my 24k membership which is really nice. He should be contacting other 24k members about coming on board.

Just want to say that I have sent Lou my membership fee, as well as one for my Chief Prospecting Instructor at the AGA school. I am excited to have more claims to explore, and it will be nice to get back out on a couple of the old "JB" claims! Looking forward to some great get-together's and coin-shoots. Good Luck Lou! - Terry, Former 24K member

Are they only selling lifetime memberships? I live in Colorado, and get down a couple of times a year.

h20

Archived