where can i go

some what new to az but have been to stanton-octave rich hill area--bumblebee-crown king-vulcur with nothing but bullets and old tin cans--where can a person have somekind of luck with little trash. thks ----- marteni

marteni,

Are you a member of any of the Rich Hill area clubs? If not, I highly recommend the Weaver Mining Dist. Lots of good ground and very afordable, $30 a year. What detector do you swing? I will be camped out at Stanton the next couple of weeks, come on out, I am allways willing to help a new guy out.

Bunk

Hi Marteni,

As the Lucky one said,

We all hope to find an area with no trash where all the signals are gold.

But in fact, strangely, sometimes an area with trash has the potential of having

an undiscovered patch associated with it. Most known areas that are gold bearing

have had the majority of trash removed by people like you and me, adding to our

collections of bullets, boot tacks, beer can pieces and such. If you happen to hit

an area with trash you stand a chance of having it be a place where noone has detected.

If there is gold there, you may be the first to happen upon it.

Optimistic food for thought.

Good hunting and Happy Holidays,

Flak

marteni,

Are you a member of any of the Rich Hill area clubs? If not, I highly recommend the Weaver Mining Dist. Lots of good ground and very afordable, $30 a year. What detector do you swing? I will be camped out at Stanton the next couple of weeks, come on out, I am allways willing to help a new guy out.

Bunk

Bunk

I would like to take you up on your generosity. I live in Colorado, and have reservations at Stanton, Jan. 3rd. I have been to Stanton several times and yet to find my first nugget. I bought a GPX 4500, from Chris last year. This year I'm bringing a Coiltek, and Nuggetfinder Coil. I've read Jim Staight's "The Nuggetshooter's Bible". I've got Chris's Nugget Hunting Essentials, Volume one and two. Practical Prospecting, GPX- Series. I belong to Road Runners,Weaver Mining District, Y Not Prospectors Club. Gpaa, and LDMA. I do admit I use my E-trac much more in Colorado. The GPX in Arizona. I understand low and slow, I'm sure I'm not hearing the whisper of the nugget, just the blast of the trash. I'll be in space 31, Jan 3 rd. Hope to hear from you.

D-mac

post-29117-129296639422_thumb.jpg

Archived