Is the forum getting any faster? Slow loading speed?

• Admin

Hello All,

Sorry I'm not able to jump right on this slow forum issue, but trust me I'm working on it. Right now my hosting company is not able to offer 128MB PHP, which is required for this new forum. When I first had the forum changed over to this new version I was only running 28 MB PHP, which was the reason for the very .... very slow load speed. I requested the hosting to upgrade the PHP to 54MB, which was all they said they could do. I opened a ticket up and mentioned I was going to move my entire domain to another hosting company and overnight I was upgraded to 72MB (go figure). However, they have told me they can't offer the 128MB right now.

I going to see how this runs for a bit, but if it don't work well, I will move my entire domain to another hosting service that does offer what I need to get this forum back on track.

Please post how the forum is loading for you. I will need this information to determine if I need to move everything over.

Thanks for your understanding.

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

Right now my hosting company is not able to offer 128MB PHP, which is required for this new forum.

Rob Allison

Speeds are fine for me most of the time. Sometimes initial load is a little slow.

I'm running 3G wireless 226KBps.

I meant to tell you about my hosting company when we spoke earlier.

They have been around for years and they don't advertise.

Fast cheap and great service.

If you're interested I'll send the details. NFI

clay

Yeh I'll third that what Lucky said, I'd fire the hosting company, tonight there was many error messages, the forum wouldn't load several times, it takes 5 minutes after you click on a header to look at it and longer to make a post. So this is for your hosting company! girl.gifgirl.gifgirl.gifgirl.gif They are crap! I'm sure someone else would like your business, instead of bankrupting you, because they can't get on line to contact you or make an order. I personally know several people that have just given up on your forum because of so many problems getting on. Not Good for you. Grubstake

Yeh I'll third that what Lucky said, I'd fire the hosting company, tonight there was many error messages, the forum wouldn't load several times, it takes 5 minutes after you click on a header to look at it and longer to make a post. So this is for your hosting company! girl.gifgirl.gifgirl.gifgirl.gif They are crap! I'm sure someone else would like your business, instead of bankrupting you, because they can't get on line to contact you or make an order. I personally know several people that have just given up on your forum because of so many problems getting on. Not Good for you. Grubstake

Rob,

Please check your PM's

I sent you a PM, but I hope this message posts all right, I still can't see the content when I'm typing the mesaage.

Greg

Sorry about the three consecutive posts, but if you look at the times involved between posts, you can see that the forum is slow to respond, and sort of "locks up" so to speak, with no indication that your first post went through.

Greg

Rob,

Please check your PM's

I sent you a PM, but I hope this message posts all right, I still can't see the content when I'm typing the mesaage.

Greg

Sorry about the three consecutive posts, but if you look at the times involved between posts, you can see that the forum is slow to respond, and sort of "locks up" so to speak, with no indication that your first post went through.

Greg

Rob,

It was good a few days ago, kind of slow yesterday evening, and today if it went any slower it would be going backwards. A previous post of mine took over 5 minutes to complete from start to getting back to the forum main page. Also getting a "Driver Error" on the bottom of the page as I type this, so I don't know if it will post or not.

Mike

Hmmm not sure whats causing the difference in user speed. just sent some pm's still rippin for me? AzNuggetBob

One another note, I am dumping old forum cookies when I sign in and getting a fresh cookie from the host, that may be getting rid of old forum settings in the old cookies..

Hi Rob,

Not sure what the problems are either. I'm on dialup and with this machine, all the web sites are slow. However, I have noticed that on this site, the loading speed varies from one visit to the next. Most of the time, it loads slower than usual and has for a while now.... maybe it's just on my side.... Excellent forum. I wish you well and stay warm out there. :D:D