E trac prospecting?

Hey Rob, I don't know if anyone has tried this or not, but I want to get the E trac off you, and while I know it's not made for prospecting, I wonder what would be the best coil choice if I did want to try? Have you ever heard of anyone finding nuggets with the E trac. thanks for all the info in the mail.

Scott

Hi Scot

As for the coil, the best would be a 6 x 8 SEF coil, during a airtest it will pick up a 0.09 gram nuggie at 2 inches +, my 4000 does not see it.

The e-trek is a very sensetive detector with the best dept, as we use it on old roman sites so full off nails and mineralisation, i cauld amagine

you could use it on the less minerelised goldfields with a lot off iron, with a litle bit off disk, you wil have the advantage off not digging to much crap.

Butt, for the deeper gold i would use a 4000 or 4500.

The e-trek is the best general purpose detector at the moment.

Kind regarts from Holland

Gerrit

Hi Scot

As for the coil, the best would be a 6 x 8 SEF coil, during a airtest it will pick up a 0.09 gram nuggie at 2 inches +, my 4000 does not see it.

The e-trek is a very sensetive detector with the best dept, as we use it on old roman sites so full off nails and mineralisation, i cauld amagine

you could use it on the less minerelised goldfields with a lot off iron, with a litle bit off disk, you wil have the advantage off not digging to much crap.

Gerrit

Hi Scot

Gerrit

Thanks so much for the reply Krok, but I don't see that Minelab offers a 6x8 coil for the Etrac?