A nice drive though the goldfields

As someone who rolled my Toyota Tacoma years ago, going only 15 mph, may I suggest you slow down?

Hard to imagine you can roll a truck going 15 mph, but a Coyote that I used to feed, that I named Phoebe, ran out in front of my truck. It threw me into a very slow skid, which I was not concerned about at all. I figured when I hit the side of the road where the grader had been I would stop. Well I hit it with the right front tire after I had skid around 180 degrees and had just enough momentum, to tip my truck up on edge, it actually balanced right there for a second trying to decide whether to come back down on it's wheels, or tip on to it's side.

Well apparently some gnat farted and caused just enough of a breeze to tip that sucker on it's side. I was so damn mad. The berm of the road just crushed the whole upper part of the cab, and the camper shell, broke out the windshield, basically trashed the truck.

About 20 minutes later a guy came by with a big truck and a chain and pulled me back onto the wheels. I started it up and drove the wreck home. It took 2 months and $15,500 to repair it. They stripped it to the frame and completely rebuilt the truck. I have been driving it ever since.

This is the same truck that I hit a deer with, 2 months before that, on the way coming back from a detecting trip with Digger Bob. Really takes the fun out of finding 6 nuggets when you smash Bambi coming back from a successful trip.

That's why I always say, BCOT! Be Careful Out There!

Doc

As someone who rolled my Toyota Tacoma years ago, going only 15 mph, may I suggest you slow down?

Hard to imagine you can roll a truck going 15 mph, but a Coyote that I used to feed, that I named Phoebe, ran out in front of my truck. It threw me into a very slow skid, which I was not concerned about at all. I figured when I hit the side of the road where the grader had been I would stop. Well I hit it with the right front tire after I had skid around 180 degrees and had just enough momentum, to tip my truck up on edge, it actually balanced right there for a second trying to decide whether to come back down on it's wheels, or tip on to it's side.

Well apparently some gnat farted and caused just enough of a breeze to tip that sucker on it's side. I was so damn mad. The berm of the road just crushed the whole upper part of the cab, and the camper shell, broke out the windshield, basically trashed the truck.

About 20 minutes later a guy came by with a big truck and a chain and pulled me back onto the wheels. I started it up and drove the wreck home. It took 2 months and $15,500 to repair it. They stripped it to the frame and completely rebuilt the truck. I have been driving it ever since.

This is the same truck that I hit a deer with, 2 months before that, on the way coming back from a detecting trip with Digger Bob. Really takes the fun out of finding 6 nuggets when you smash Bambi coming back from a successful trip.

That's why I always say, BCOT! Be Careful Out There!

Doc

Doc, are you still driving that same truck?? That happened at LEAST 10 years ago! But I guess if you put that much into it to get it driveable again, you'd want to get your moneys worth out of it. I'd say you're about even now.

Digger

Also the Mythbuster guys did a test on rough road driving, here is a link to some info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters_(2006_season)#Rough_Road_Driving

I am not condoning driving fast. So if you turn into a yard sale in the middle of the desert it's your own fault lol.

DigDeep

Digger that truck looks like it did the last time you saw it. It is a sweet little work horse. I love that truck!

Doc

Doc, are you still driving that same truck?? That happened at LEAST 10 years ago! But I guess if you put that much into it to get it driveable again, you'd want to get your moneys worth out of it. I'd say you're about even now.

Digger

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say it; I had a 1988 Toyota 4x4(first owner)truck- never a problem(170,000 miles). 1995 toyota 4runner 4x4-never a problem(160,000 miles). 2003 Chevy s-10(19,000miles got rid of)- in the shop every 2 months. 2001 Mitsubishi Galant(like a dummy-still have)- you name it, it's been replaced(transmition, etc). Now have a 2006 Toyota Tundra- no problems(original owner). Toyota's rock.

I would take a Toyota with 180,000 miles over any other vehicle. I am a Toyota Fanatic and THIS is my first post.

Michael

I hate to say it; I had a 1988 Toyota 4x4(first owner)truck- never a problem(170,000 miles). 1995 toyota 4runner 4x4-never a problem(160,000 miles). 2003 Chevy s-10(19,000miles got rid of)- in the shop every 2 months. 2001 Mitsubishi Galant(like a dummy-still have)- you name it, it's been replaced(transmition, etc). Now have a 2006 Toyota Tundra- no problems(original owner). Toyota's rock.

I would take a Toyota with 180,000 miles over any other vehicle. I am a Toyota Fanatic and THIS is my first post.

Michael

Toyota 4runner is one of my favorites. Not the most powerful pulling a small trailer but great on gas. :D AzNuggetBob