Best areas for a GPX 4500

frritchi

You said you belong to GPAA,well thats a start.There are alot of good clubs you can join and one is Weaver Mining at Congress for 25.a year.

Do lots of reading where gold has been found before and that GPX4500 will find it for you in time.Did you get any training with it when you got it?Thats is one foot in the right direction on knowing what your detector can do for you and how to work it.If not it may be best to get the DVD's on the GPX 4500 from Rob and they will help you alot.

If you don't have a test nugget it wouldn't hurt to have a small one to run test so you know what they sound like.Another thing is a good set of headphones to go with you detector and Rob can help you out also.On settings just do a search and you'll find all you should need on that.

Best of Luck!

Chuck Anders

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the reply. I'm in San Antonio right now myself. I do not own a GPX 4500 yet, still researching the subject.

I guess I am interested in finding out which areas tend to have larger nuggets at deeper depths. From what I have read this is where the 4500 will outperform. Of course, if anyone knew where the big nuggets were they wouldn't be telling me :-).

Thanks again,

Frank

In Mariposa,County, Eldorado,County, Mojave desert, Rich Hill AZ, Quartzsite AZ it anywhere gold has been found before, read Jim Striaghts Book Followe the drywashers. That what you do. Go where gold has been mined before. lots of places out there. Grubstake

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the reply. I'm in San Antonio right now myself. I do not own a GPX 4500 yet, still researching the subject.

I guess I am interested in finding out which areas tend to have larger nuggets at deeper depths. From what I have read this is where the 4500 will outperform. Of course, if anyone knew where the big nuggets were they wouldn't be telling me :-).

Thanks again,

Frank

Hey frritchi, I'm in Austin. Whenever you want to go to AZ or NV let me know. I'll go with you. I ordered my GPX 4500 from Rob and I highly recommend you do the same. Don't make a mistake and buy from just any minelab dealer. Believe me, Rob is the right dealer.

TxGold

• Admin

Hello Frank,

Welcome to the forums. There are hundreds, if not thousands of places to use the GPX-4500 in the US. One of the major advantages of the GPX-4500 over prior Minelab's is the fact you can fine tune this metal detector to just about any ground condition. With all the user controls, it's like adjusting an EQ. You can turn some things up, other thinks down or any combination along with your 6 timing options.

There is no other metal detctor that allows you to adjust all of these features:

(6) Timing Options (Enhance, Normal, Special: Salt, Extra, Coarse, Smooth)

Auto and Manual Interference Tune

(3) Custom Pre-set settings (you can program, edit or change them at anytime)

Adjust your Gain

Adjust your Target Volume (Audio Booster) through the LCD Menu

Adjust your Audio (4 different audio settings, Normal, Deep, Boost or Quiet)

Adjust your Tracking Speed (3 options, Slow, Medium or Fast)

Adjust your Signal Response (Inverted or Normal Signal)

Adjust your Ground Balance from Fixed, Tracking, General, Specific or Ground Balance OFF

Adjust your Searchcoil Motion Speed (Very Slow, Slow, Medium or Fast)

Plus more ....

You will never find another detector on the market that has this much user control. Minelab is light years ahead of the game and always have been.

Take care,

Rob Allison