Parker,AZ

• Admin

Hello Wanderer,

I spent a bunch of time between Quartzsite, Parker and Lake Havasu working Distribution and Transmission lines. I've also spent a bunch of time nuggethunting around Quartzsite and briefly around Lake Havasu. Never hunted the Parker area, but some of the areas look good. Keep in mind, a bunch of areas around Parker are CRIT (Colorado River Indian Tribe). These areas are off limits to prospecting/metal detecting. However, surrounding those areas are miles and miles of BLM ground, which is open to the public.

Some of the known placer areas around Quartzsite are the La Paz placers, Middle Camp placers, Oro Fino Placers, Old Man Mountain Placers, Dome Rock Placers and many more ...

Pretty much every little Mountain Range or hill around Quartzsite (north and south) are gold bearing.

Personally over the years I've done really well around the Quartzsite area.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Rob,

Thanks for the reply. Since we are here for a few days I thought we would try Parker and then head south to Quartzsite and try it there.

Daniel

Hello Wanderer,

I spent a bunch of time between Quartzsite, Parker and Lake Havasu working Distribution and Transmission lines. I've also spent a bunch of time nuggethunting around Quartzsite and briefly around Lake Havasu. Never hunted the Parker area, but some of the areas look good. Keep in mind, a bunch of areas around Parker are CRIT (Colorado River Indian Tribe). These areas are off limits to prospecting/metal detecting. However, surrounding those areas are miles and miles of BLM ground, which is open to the public.

Some of the known placer areas around Quartzsite are the La Paz placers, Middle Camp placers, Oro Fino Placers, Old Man Mountain Placers, Dome Rock Placers and many more ...

Pretty much every little Mountain Range or hill around Quartzsite (north and south) are gold bearing.

Personally over the years I've done really well around the Quartzsite area.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison